Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Does anybody want this campaign?

Update 3: Improved Dangerous Waters v1.0 released

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1526446852

https://www.reddit.com/r/FromTheDepths/c...aters_v10/

Well now since WW2 DW discord is locked, its faith is sealed. Well the whole RTS thing shouldn't go to waste, just either code in more stuff (To make it more balanced) and change AotE to accommodate RTS features or just simply make Neter based RTS one so all campaigns are related to each other in some way (Aside from Glao, which still has Scarled Dawn so its in the same universe).

Thanks spirit I will take a look at this
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

IMHO, Toss it. We tried to get it working (hell, I tried to lead the project waaay back) and it was a clusterduck of balancing issues, framerate and other. Preserve the models if possible, but the concept of the whole DW campain is not viable
[Image: BseTIqf.png?1]

I think it should be given back to the community to redo, but also that the "realistic" physics settings need to be made ... A lot more realistic. A lot more realistic. As is they are actually less realistic than Neter's physics settings. (Such as massively amplified force from thrusters when force from thrusters was already extraordinarily high.) And then all relevant ships should be redesigned to fit the new settings and when the campaign is no longer lousy it should be potentially added back in.

My only interest in it really is the possibility of making a decent set of story missions using the designs.

But... no one likes story missions anyway... so it would be a major ball-ache that would benefit about 0.5% of players.

If an updated version is hosted on the Steam community (which it is) then I suppose there is no reason to keep (the old) version in the vanilla game

Better, I think, to have a list of featured Workshop planets on the menu somewhere, quick quick links for subscribing and installing etc, and make the best version of DW one of these options.
I plan to remake the main menu interface at some point soon and will try and do this.

This post probably seems like a stream of thoughts rather than anything actually useful... sorry about that!
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Hey, its allways fun to know whats going on inside your head Wink
[Image: BseTIqf.png?1]

(2019-04-28, 09:17 AM)Nick Smart Wrote: My only interest in it really is the possibility of making a decent set of story missions using the designs.

But... no one likes story missions anyway... so it would be a major ball-ache that would benefit about 0.5% of players.

If an updated version is hosted on the Steam community  (which it is) then I suppose there is no reason to keep  (the old) version in the vanilla game

Better, I think, to have a list of featured Workshop planets on the menu somewhere, quick quick links for subscribing and installing etc, and make the best version of DW one of these options.
I plan to remake the main menu interface at some point soon and will try and do this.

This post probably seems like a stream of thoughts rather than anything actually useful... sorry about that!

Showcasing a few of the more fleshed out CC's on the main menu wouldn't be bad. I need to get in gear for adopting mine to 2.4 at long last, but some extra exposure would be welcome for most of us slaving away in the abyss of the unknown Big Grin . There are some real gems out there, and CC's are currently a bit of an underated aspect of the game.

As MrVecz will gladly point out, and I support him in this, it would also be great if our cumbersome toolbox (campaign editor) would get improvements down the line.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!

[Image: 32DA9A8EECC76926A3CDAA803283F5FCC3314BBA]