Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

2.2.5, 2.2.6,2.2.6,2.2.7,2.2.8,2.2.9

maybe a really dumb question, but are these versions applied without updating the version number on the main menu?  My main game still shows 2.2.16 and devtest shows 2.2.4?
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

(2018-09-08, 06:49 PM)Lincrono Wrote: maybe a really dumb question, but are these versions applied without updating the version number on the main menu?  My main game still shows 2.2.16 and devtest shows 2.2.4?

that's odd.
I updated my FtD version on Steam to 2.2.4 a week ago
maybe steam needs to update?
Releasing restraint level 0

[Image: 51lVoOiq%2BVL._AC_UL320_SR220,320_.jpg]

I'm not really even sure what thread is the most "recent" one, as of game version 2.2.21, but this seemed closest..

There's a problem I've come across playing adventure mode: I have a bunch of torpedo launchers on a ship, that keep resetting their torpedo design into old version.  I've updated them three times now, loading a new design through interface - they seem fine at first.. but when I come back to look after a while, somehow the game has magically managed to pull back the old design.  These are a couple dozen individual launchers, so it gets pretty frustrating updating them over and over, only to have them spontaneously revert back to old design.

-- edit --
Seems like they keep resetting when I'm updating them from saved template, but the changes stick if I do changes manually from the missile editor.  I actually saw the missile info reset back when I tried to load the saved template - I'd click the template under "load", saw the missile stats change to the updated version - and then almost instantly revert back.  This was while the ship was actively in combat - I couldn't say for sure if that was a factor, but normally the loaded model seemed to stick around for a while.
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

(2018-09-08, 07:20 PM)MRSubscribe Wrote:
(2018-09-08, 06:49 PM)Lincrono Wrote: maybe a really dumb question, but are these versions applied without updating the version number on the main menu?  My main game still shows 2.2.16 and devtest shows 2.2.4?

that's odd.
I updated my FtD version on Steam to 2.2.4 a week ago
maybe steam needs to update?

devtest should show 2.2.21 at the moment.
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

Big thanks to the newly expanded Dev team for all their epic bug bashing and under the hood reworks, I've been playing for 4 years now and I just love that FTD is still being expanded!

So why does my steam version not reflect any of this? I see version numbers that say "all versions" but that does not at all match my current steam version number and no amount of file checking or closing and opening steam initiates any sort of update... so what the hell is with all these version numbers? Are these all still just devtest? If that's the case, why do some say "all versions" when clearly that is not what is meant?

This is extremely confusing and my version numbers have not matched for AGES.

edit - nm i see now
[Image: 3bb7830d881f78fa04c88990d560db32bb586b4c_full.jpg] Someone tell me why the hell I had to draw this to explain this: |-. (The crap at the top is a random doodle and unrelated)