Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

2.2.5, 2.2.6,2.2.6,2.2.7,2.2.8,2.2.9

Lots of fixes
Why were these things fixed and other bugs not?
Because these bugs were posted here:
https://brilliantskies.customercase.com/...ug-tracker

v2.2.5 [Fix] <Regressions>: Custom flags download when game starts, like they used to [BUGS-37]
v2.2.5 [Fix] <Regressions>: Fix for RTG bug allowing infinite material in campaigns [BUGS-31]
v2.2.5 [Fix] <Regressions>: Improved buoyancy for vehicles with over 2K blocks [BUGS-26]
v2.2.5 [Fix] <Regressions>: Multiplayer speed of time syncronisation issue fixed [BUGS-35]
v2.2.5 [Fix] <Regressions>: Ocean colors slightly updated for some weathers
v2.2.5 [Fix] <Regressions>: Various fixes to drop down menus [BUGS-29] [BUGS-32]
v2.2.5 [Fix] <Regressions>: White highlighting now only for blocks with a tooltip to display [BUGS-30]
v2.2.6 [Fix] <Regressions>: Various plotting problems fixed [BUGS-24]
v2.2.6 [Fix] <Regressions>: Vehicles saved with 'Nan' position can now be loaded at [BUGS-14]
v2.2.7 [Add] <UI>: Highlighting of blocks is now optional, controls are in the UI panel of the menu [BUGS-30]
v2.2.7 [Fix] <Mods>: Fixed 'mostly-black screen' when loading some old incompatible mods
v2.2.7 [Fix] <Regressions>: Fixed a bug causing world to go orange / purple [BUGS-42] [BUGS-20]
v2.2.7 [Fix] <Regressions>: Fixed battle deployment limits [BUGS-40]
v2.2.7 [Fix] <Regressions>: Multiplayer client vehicle spawning fixed [BUGS-43]
v2.2.7 [Fix] <Regressions>: Multiplayer transfer blueprints no longer reporting as corrupt [BUGS-43
v2.2.7 [Fix] <Regressions>: Weapon slot 10 now functions again [BUGS-25]
v2.2.8 [Fix] <Regressions>: Block IDs once again converted to GUID before being sent across network to fix multiplayer bug [BUGS-59]
v2.2.8 [Fix] <Regressions>: Bug with barrels loading in incorrect position on pistons fixed [BUGS-53]
v2.2.8 [Fix] <Regressions>: Default designer vehicle should now be saved when changed [FTD-130]
v2.2.8 [Fix] <Regressions>: Exploding text no longer splits over multiple lines as it grows [BUGS-54]
v2.2.8 [Fix] <Regressions>: Speed factor now affects spin block visual rotation and helicopter blade force [BUGS-56]
v2.2.8 [Fix] <Regressions>: Stabilisation level of wireless camera now saved [BUGS-58]
v2.2.9 [Fix] <Block>: Condition and action value ACB sliders linked together [BUGS-44]
v2.2.9 [Fix] <Block>: Fixed physics crash when placing a SubObject containing a wheel
v2.2.9 [Fix] <Regressions>: Centre of mass changes no longer affect vehicle speed estimates [BUGS-78],Tutorial completion metre is updated correctly now [BUGS-74]
v2.2.9 [Fix] <Regressions>: Coordinate frame now updated in multiplayer- fewer graphical glitches and shaking. [BUGS-70]
v2.2.9 [Fix] <Regressions>: Multiplayer saves now send correctly [BUGS-71]
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

THANK YOU NICK FOR FIXING THE WHEEL-LAUNCH THING

(I mean I can't see it in the list but whatever it's fixed now so thanks.)

Edit: OOOhhh but you can't have everything can you? Now mah tenks don't turn as fast.
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

Might I ask, since I'm not really into the Discord and can't find a conclusive summary - what's in the pipeline currently?
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!

- The Best Cello Concerto of all time - No, It's not Elgar's

Check out this thread: https://forum.fromthedepthsgame.com/show...?tid=37984

Is the cooling effect of the APS firing piece reduced? All of my APS cool down a little bit slower than they did in dev test.

Update: Did some testing and it looks like the firing piece is not cooling at all. Will post a bug report since I don't see anywhere that this feature is removed

I don't see where this has been posted, but on devtest there is an overall 50% base cooldown reduction for all APS shells.

This is an unnecessary buff, 10 free coolers was way better for small guns.

However if its the unintuitive implementation that is the problem, perhaps the better solution is to rework the cooldown math to include some form of complexity modifier.
Grav rams are like the Looney Toons of shell types... Absolutely hilarious in short bursts.

The way coolers work, 10 free coolers is *exactly* equivalent to reducing all cooldowns by ~68%, except it is somewhat more confusing because the customizer does not reflect that cooldown reduction. This is just a more intuitive implementation of the same buff, coupled with a slight reduction in the buff.
Allr andask.

I understand the difference, but the main buff to small guns was the loss of cooler volume,which is not reflected in the new change.

Oh well, it works just as well. Personally I'd like to see cooling take a similair complexity modifier as autoloaders, so larger guns need more coolers.
Grav rams are like the Looney Toons of shell types... Absolutely hilarious in short bursts.

(2018-09-07, 04:40 PM)SynthTwo Wrote: I understand the difference, but the main buff to small guns was the loss of cooler volume,which is not reflected in the new change.

Oh well, it works just as well. Personally I'd like to see cooling take a similair complexity modifier as autoloaders, so larger guns need more coolers.

What I would like to see (and have formally suggested a few times, but been told it would excessively break campaign designs) is for coolers to become additive, rather than multiplicative. Presently, every ~8.2 coolers halves cooldown time, so linearly increasing the number of coolers exponentially increases the RoF. It would I think be both more intuitive and better balanced for each shell to have a heat value and each firing piece/cooler dissipate heat at a certain rate, so RoF increases linearly with the number of coolers.
Allr andask.

(2018-09-07, 08:16 PM)Blothorn Wrote:
(2018-09-07, 04:40 PM)SynthTwo Wrote: I understand the difference, but the main buff to small guns was the loss of cooler volume,which is not reflected in the new change.

What I would like to see (and have formally suggested a few times, but been told it would excessively break campaign designs) is for coolers to become additive, rather than multiplicative. Presently, every ~8.2 coolers halves cooldown time, so linearly increasing the number of coolers exponentially increases the RoF. It would I think be both more intuitive and better balanced for each shell to have a heat value and each firing piece/cooler dissipate heat at a certain rate, so RoF increases linearly with the number of coolers.

That would be pretty cool. I especially like the heat value attached to the shell, so there would be some room for customizing your shells to increase ROF if desired. Something like the faster and longer a shell is, the hotter it will be.