Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2.2.4 [all branches]

Good to see it came out! Can't wait to see the missile changes lol.

(2018-08-27, 10:59 PM)Dom Wrote: The visuals are a nice improvment but the game is now basically unplayable for me.

As of 2.2.4 i get these odd GPU crashes. This PC is hooked up to my TV so it goes (From the depths) then Blue screen, Then the TV picks up the signal (I know this because it gives the input resolution for a bit). Before i wrote this, it was flickering quickly between the game and my no input screen  as i excited the designer. On first start it played fine for about 5 minutes then the issue popped up.
I lose audio and sound as both are from the GPU
My system consists of a Ryzen 5 1600 and GTX 980 with windows 10. I put in 2 hours yesterday without any issues or crashing on 2.16 and is working fine with the game off. 

The game hasn't done this at any point in the past.

Also, The Advanced Cannons dont seem to spawn loaded and the buoyancy seems to have dropped a bit. My ships lost 1m of freeboard.

Untoggle the "GPUOcean" in the options menu- see if that helps.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

(2018-08-27, 10:33 PM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote: As for now, binocular seems broken: cannot zoom at all (other items/abilities seem to work just fine; might be me though).

Otherwise, great job! Water shaders are great, and I'm glad we can assign ACB priorities.

My binoculars work. Perhaps post more information here, while opening a bug report:
https://brilliantskies.customercase.com/...ug-tracker
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

I think I broke something...
Off to file a bug report I guess...

EDIT: This new forum theme is suspiciously similar to my Vertex-Maia desktop theme. I am pleased. However the colour for 0 rep probably needs to change, it's almost invisible to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gehm's corollary: Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

https://imgur.com/a/vjLeqWs what is this
[Image: 5f0379f4772b6d21b652eac2749a901a.jpg]

(2018-08-28, 06:20 AM)The Mice Empire Wrote: https://imgur.com/a/vjLeqWs what is this

i think i read about this, probably a mod that doesnt jam with the new update, clean ftd install should fix it.

(2018-08-27, 11:41 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: My binoculars work. Perhaps post more information here, while opening a bug report:

Went to the bug reports and find out what's going on: this is related to the "slot 10 doesn't work" issue. Moved my binoculars to other slot and now it works. I added a comment in the bug thread from customercase, hope this will help.
Many thanks for the care, Nick Smile
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

(2018-08-28, 10:24 AM)BlitzkriegBob Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 11:41 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: My binoculars work. Perhaps post more information here, while opening a bug report:

Went to the bug reports and find out what's going on: this is related to the "slot 10 doesn't work" issue. Moved my binoculars to other slot and now it works. I added a comment in the bug thread from customercase, hope this will help.
Many thanks for the care, Nick Smile

Yeah when I saw that bug I thought of you!!

It's fixed for 2.2.7 which is coming out right now.

(2018-08-28, 02:25 AM)Chrozayis Wrote: I think I broke something...
Off to file a bug report I guess...

EDIT: This new forum theme is suspiciously similar to my Vertex-Maia desktop theme. I am pleased. However the colour for 0 rep probably needs to change, it's almost invisible to me.

That's fixed in 2.2.7 i believe

(2018-08-27, 10:59 PM)Dom Wrote: My system consists of a Ryzen 5 1600 and GTX 980 with windows 10. I put in 2 hours yesterday without any issues or crashing on 2.16 and is working fine with the game off. 

get some high end game demo and see if this repeats. it looks like psu doesn't give enough power when full load. setting a fps limiter might help too until you find the cause
gets high on math