Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forum changes

I've made some (reversible, if it all goes wrong) changes to the forum

I've moved the bug reports forum, and the suggestions forum, and the technical support forum in under an "obsolete" forum where they have been effectively mothballed.

The replacements for these forums are the following:

A bug tracker
https://brilliantskies.customercase.com/...ug-tracker
A request tracker
https://brilliantskies.customercase.com/...st-tracker
A private technical support portal (if your game does not start, for example)
https://brilliantskies.customercase.com/...rt-private

The bug tracker and request tracker have the following advantages:

1) They allow "up voting", player commenting, developer commenting, and live status updates. You can watch an issue which will give you email alerts. They also support drag and drop attachments, linking to components, versions, operating systems etc.
2) They are not tied to this, or any other forum. Currently the steam forum has a Suggestions and a Bugs section, this forum has a Suggestions, Bugs and Tech support forum, the discord presumably has a lot of bug related and suggestion related discussion going on all the time, and the reddit has also got similar conversations going on. This makes it impossible to create a centralised pool of bugs and feature requests- let alone a pool where the importance of the bug or feature is reflected in the number of up votes / comments on it.

I'm sorry to be depreciating several sub forums with thousands of threads. The threads are left open so you can link them from the request tracker or bug tracker if you need to. New threads should exclusively be made in the trackers however.

This is part of a push, that I hope you are aware of, to bring FTD development to the next level- with a transparent sprint based approach to development, new staff, and now, new and integrated request and bug trackers.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

I have a question, what kind of threads would you like to see in the new suggestion ticket forums ? Should they be relevant to the current development plan ? Should they be something new ? Not seen yet in the old forums ?.

(2018-08-23, 10:04 PM)mrvecz Wrote: I have a question, what kind of threads would you like to see in the new suggestion ticket forums ? Should they be relevant to the current development plan ? Should they be something new ? Not seen yet in the old forums ?.

To be honest the ideal situation is to see as few threads as possible, but with lots of community interaction on the ones that are there, to flesh them out. This makes it more manageable and stops us getting swamped.

If 5 new requests appear every day then it's obvious that the team is never going to be able to keep up with assessing/replying meaningfully to each idea let alone actually doing them.

Other than that, my preference is for a) easy to achieve requests b) as specific as possible
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

(2018-08-24, 09:31 AM)Nick Smart Wrote:
(2018-08-23, 10:04 PM)mrvecz Wrote: snip

To be honest the ideal situation is to see as few threads as possible, but with lots of community interaction on the ones that are there, to flesh them out. This makes it more manageable and stops us getting swamped.

If 5 new requests appear every day then it's obvious that the team is never going to be able to keep up with assessing/replying meaningfully to each idea let alone actually doing them.

Other than that, my preference is for a) easy to achieve requests b) as specific as possible

Alright, thats reasonable, but what about features that are long standing problems iek planet editor or tactical/strategic AI that are not easy fix for sure. Will there be threads on the forums dedicated for the bigger problems so the new tickets wont be swarmed by massive threads or tens of smaller one's ?.

Is the request-o-matic still being worked on or do those requests need to be put in the new tracker now?

(2018-08-24, 10:27 AM)gxy Wrote: Is the request-o-matic still being worked on or do those requests need to be put in the new tracker now?

The request o matic fell out of use a very long time ago I am very sorry to say. Those requests should go into the main request portal now.

(2018-08-24, 10:19 AM)mrvecz Wrote:
(2018-08-24, 09:31 AM)Nick Smart Wrote:
(2018-08-23, 10:04 PM)mrvecz Wrote: snip

Alright, thats reasonable, but what about features that are long standing problems iek planet editor or tactical/strategic AI that are not easy fix for sure. Will there be threads on the forums dedicated for the bigger problems so the new tickets wont be swarmed by massive threads or tens of smaller one's ?.

If there is specific features required or bugs within the planet editor by all means us know via the portal.

No point making requests for a strategic AI overhaul on the request portal at the moment as that is not a small enough job to fit in alongside the ongoing work. When a sprint happens that is dedicated to doing something like that, then that would be the time to weigh in on the issue, and that would, as you say, probably be best done from a forum thread.

I think common sense is the best bet here... if you ask for the game to have civilisation 5 style politics and diplomacy you probably aren't going to get it (certainly not until everything else is done) if you ask for a new missile component, you just might.

Not sure is this was raised, but some posts go invisible

Example:
https://forum.fromthedepthsgame.com/show...#pid383899

this was invisible for a couple of minutes (after someone else posted I guess)
primum non nocere