Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Battleship Brawl Season 4! (Tournament Underway!)

Man, those tournaments sound super fun. I'd compete myself if I wasn't burned out after building a battleship for my campaign. Well, at least I get to watch beautiful ships trash each other on youtube Big Grin

(2018-08-27, 08:55 PM)TheConeezeanEmperor Wrote: The new update is odd, it is less CPU demanding, but more GPU demanding. (FTD never used to demand much GPU). So, if his rig has a better CPU than GPU, it will perform worse, or if it is like mine, with a better GPU than CPU, it would perform better. But still, I think 2.16 is better, as the textures are kinda ugly in my opinion, and a lot of people have already built ships which have been made ugly by the update.

It's not really odd; the water was originally calculated by CPU, and is now done by GPU. So the game became more CPU friendly, BUT there is a point (depending on the size of abattle) where the additionaly detail will still give you worse performance than before.

But there is an graphics option to disable PBR (the new part shader) and switch back to the old CPU ocean.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battleship Brawl Season 4! (Accepting Submissions, due by September 7th) - by temeter - 2018-08-27, 10:21 PM