Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Battleship Brawl Season 4! (Tournament Underway!)

(2018-08-21, 08:32 AM)NutterChap Wrote:
(2018-08-21, 08:13 AM)Menti Wrote:
(2018-08-21, 06:59 AM)Skullsploder Wrote: Keen! Just wanted to check, is it intentional that rams be banned under these rules? I might have to adjust my prototype's prow a bit if so!

Yes. Rams may only be used for aesthetics. Putting them on the prow, a place where a collision is likely to occur, would classify them as a weapon.

And what if you put them on the side of the ship? You know, for when the ships start colliding lengthwise as in older BBrawl battles happened?  Tongue

Then it is a weapon. Tongue

(2018-08-21, 01:38 PM)MrNukealizer Wrote: I could use some clarification on the clipping rule in a couple situations.
1. Is it okay for blocks on a spinblock to be clipped into other stuff when spawning as long as the spinblock immediately moves to a better position where there's no clipping going on?
2. Does your definition for clipping go by visuals or collision boxes? Specifically slopes are counted as full blocks normally but look like half blocks that could fit together visually.

1. That would depend on the situation, honestly. If it's purely aesthetic it'd be allowed for sure. If it has some sort of mechanical benefit (like positioning armor), I might allow it as long as the final state has no clipping and it never moves again. This is very edge case. I'd have to see what you're doing to give a solid yes or no answer.

2. Collision boxes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battleship Brawl Season 4! (Accepting Submissions, due by September 7th) - by Menti - 2018-08-21, 05:01 PM