Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Battleship Brawl Season 4! (Tournament Underway!)

I could use some clarification on the clipping rule in a couple situations.
1. Is it okay for blocks on a spinblock to be clipped into other stuff when spawning as long as the spinblock immediately moves to a better position where there's no clipping going on?
2. Does your definition for clipping go by visuals or collision boxes? Specifically slopes are counted as full blocks normally but look like half blocks that could fit together visually.

Fuel engines only? Or is steam allowed? I'm 99% certain I'm just using fuel, but wanted to check as I didn't see it listed in the rules and we do have a fair chunk of RP's to burn in battle.

Maker of moderately good: CRAM, APS, and engines.  

(2018-08-21, 01:38 PM)MrNukealizer Wrote: I could use some clarification on the clipping rule in a couple situations.
1. Is it okay for blocks on a spinblock to be clipped into other stuff when spawning as long as the spinblock immediately moves to a better position where there's no clipping going on?
2. Does your definition for clipping go by visuals or collision boxes? Specifically slopes are counted as full blocks normally but look like half blocks that could fit together visually.

Hmm, I think spinblocks have an option to set its initial position?

(2018-08-21, 01:56 PM)Greyfell Wrote: Fuel engines only?  Or is steam allowed?  I'm 99% certain I'm just using fuel, but wanted to check as I didn't see it listed in the rules and we do have a fair chunk of RP's to burn in battle.
I would be surprised if steam would be banned. It's basically an inferior system here to fuel engines that competes for material with repairs.
primum non nocere

Holy cow, I'm only gonna have 5 days or so to build up a full battleship. This is gonna be tight...

(2018-08-21, 03:56 PM)Branjoman Wrote: Holy cow, I'm only gonna have 5 days or so to build up a full battleship. This is gonna be tight...

...but you are an old hand at this, so you should be fine.  Smile

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

(2018-08-21, 08:32 AM)NutterChap Wrote:
(2018-08-21, 08:13 AM)Menti Wrote:
(2018-08-21, 06:59 AM)Skullsploder Wrote: Keen! Just wanted to check, is it intentional that rams be banned under these rules? I might have to adjust my prototype's prow a bit if so!

Yes. Rams may only be used for aesthetics. Putting them on the prow, a place where a collision is likely to occur, would classify them as a weapon.

And what if you put them on the side of the ship? You know, for when the ships start colliding lengthwise as in older BBrawl battles happened?  Tongue

Then it is a weapon. Tongue

(2018-08-21, 01:38 PM)MrNukealizer Wrote: I could use some clarification on the clipping rule in a couple situations.

1. That would depend on the situation, honestly. If it's purely aesthetic it'd be allowed for sure. If it has some sort of mechanical benefit (like positioning armor), I might allow it as long as the final state has no clipping and it never moves again. This is very edge case. I'd have to see what you're doing to give a solid yes or no answer.

2. Collision boxes.

Hello.
I'm trying to understand the rule about steering, with the help of Google translator...
Can you show an example on the screenshot?
"Make love, not war." (с) Gershon Legman

RU FTD Discord

(2018-08-21, 11:54 PM)Pakus Wrote: Hello.
I'm trying to understand the rule about steering, with the help of Google translator...
Can you show an example on the screenshot?

Look at the first page of Sea Encounters Destroyers, it has a good explanation of JBG rudders as well as screenshots

[Image: 6IqqGGV.jpg]

Holy crocodiles! What a perversion %)

Okay. Let's try with this...

---

I have a question.
If I use technology that is not considered by the rules.
But which is very likely to cause a lot of controversial comments...
Can I use it?)

In this case, the ship can look beautiful...
"Make love, not war." (с) Gershon Legman

RU FTD Discord

I'm glad you're back doing tourneys :-)

One question: are asymmetric designs allowed? Asymmetric as in all / most the armor and guns on one side (not en echelon turrets and such)
This statement is false