Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

August 10 sprint update

(2018-08-19, 04:26 PM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-08-19, 12:28 PM)Kiriko Wrote: So, somewhere after 2.17, something changed that broke my mod (voidware).  The only change I did after 2.17 so far, was to set the gameversion: "2.2.2" to get it to load.  The fatal error on loading the mod goes - at least by error message - to area that I don't really know anything about:

The current devtest version is totally incompatible with any previous plugin.
The reason is that the code has been heavily refactored, including the fact that the dll has been split into several dlls.
You have to fix the compile errors and recompile the plugin.

I was afraid that was the case - I just looked briefly at compile errors, and the whole code was basically red.  First impression was, it's easier to rewrite everything, but I'll have to have a closer look.  I was hoping it was just some missing reference or something.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.  Now, I know plans change all the time - but with that caveat, is it currently in the state that's planned for the near future, or is the "refactoring" still ongoing (e.g. can expect further code-breaking changes before it stabilizes again for the time)?
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

I found my bug!
the problem was in ProjectileCastingSystem.CastMe
Here's what happens and what goes wrong:
For any projectile, the game does normally not cast the projectile every frame. Instead, once every 10 frames it casts it with 30 times the distance it travels per frame and if that casts hits something, then it will cast the projectile normally for the next 40 frames. (if it hits something in those 40 frames it will reset the counter back to 40 frames too, but that's not important for this). After those 40 frames, it will again only cast it every 10 frames with 30 times the distance, but, and here comes the bug, when it started the 40 normal casts, it did not reset the counter for the 10 long casts. This means that after the 40 normal casts, it will not cast at all for 9 frames and then do a long cast. In those 9 frames in between it can fly though a vehicle without hitting it.

The fix is simply adding a line this._castIndex = 0; after this._fullCastingCounter = this._counterMaxValue; in ProjectileCastingSystem.CastMe

(2018-08-19, 04:43 PM)Kiriko Wrote:
(2018-08-19, 04:26 PM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-08-19, 12:28 PM)Kiriko Wrote: So, somewhere after 2.17, something changed that broke my mod (voidware).  The only change I did after 2.17 so far, was to set the gameversion: "2.2.2" to get it to load.  The fatal error on loading the mod goes - at least by error message - to area that I don't really know anything about:

The current devtest version is totally incompatible with any previous plugin.
The reason is that the code has been heavily refactored, including the fact that the dll has been split into several dlls.
You have to fix the compile errors and recompile the plugin.

I was afraid that was the case - I just looked briefly at compile errors, and the whole code was basically red.  First impression was, it's easier to rewrite everything, but I'll have to have a closer look.  I was hoping it was just some missing reference or something.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.  Now, I know plans change all the time - but with that caveat, is it currently in the state that's planned for the near future, or is the "refactoring" still ongoing (e.g. can expect further code-breaking changes before it stabilizes again for the time)?

Don't worry, 99.5% of the red problems are only reference, namespace or renaming problems, you'll get that working fast.

The refactoring is still ongoing, but it's a bit less drastic now (there shouldn't be many reference problems now). The recent changes are mostly newly added namespaces.
That said, it's Nick who does it, so only him can know when it will stop.

I've got suggestion before the changes hit stable: could the affect of APS coolers be made to be linear rather than the current superlinear? It'll help some more with bringing some level of balance to large APS, and keep APS remakes as a 1-time thing with the 8 included coolers. It can be tested in devtest for now to make sure it doesn't break anything too much.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

One of the few remaining bugs I can find:
Build key hints (the ones at build mode), loading screen hints and popup hints (like "one of your exhausts isn't pointing outside") aren't saving their font size after game restart. I set them at 9, they appear as 14 again when I restart.

And a really small suggestion, make the build mode key hints toggleable in options. I recall this being an option at one point weirdly enough.
[Image: 2e148b3926.gif] [Image: wSoy1rk.gif]
This is why you don't make fighter pilots fly bomber aircraft...

(2018-08-21, 02:03 AM)MizarLuke Wrote: I've got  suggestion before the changes hit stable: could the affect of APS coolers be made to be linear rather than the current superlinear? It'll help some more with bringing some level of balance to large APS, and keep APS remakes as a 1-time thing with the 8 included coolers. It can be tested in devtest for now to make sure it doesn't break anything too much.

Nick, Notice this, pleeeease. It's good opportunity to test that and deal with it.
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

(2018-08-18, 11:57 AM)temeter Wrote: Hey Nick. Do you remember how I posted something about ammo stored in clips being not remembered? Meaning, those clips always spawn empty.

I found the issue. I had captured a prefab of the ammo customizer I used for my main guns, and placed it below the other one. So I could easily store and switch between two shells for that gun.
Problem is, the prefab also captured the ID. So when I placed it, there were suddenly two ammo customizers with the same ID, which caused the bug.

edit: Also got another error message while loading a save from 5 days ago. Game does allow me to play the save, but the fog of war is gone. https://i.imgur.com/LV7z6w7.png

edit2: Shortly after in that save, while I was modifying my starting base (bulding new stacks for the refinery), it crashed. No crash log, but output log attached.

Thanks- I know what the issue is here regarding the error during the load. 
here is the ticket for that:
https://shareables.prod.atl-paas.net/emb...e/iuoEbPna

And here is the ticket for the ammo customiser
https://shareables.prod.atl-paas.net/emb...e/KnjvmrAP
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

(2018-08-19, 08:15 PM)HerpeDerp Wrote: I found my bug!
the problem was in ProjectileCastingSystem.CastMe
Here's what happens and what goes wrong:
For any projectile, the game does normally not cast the projectile every frame. Instead, once every 10 frames it casts it with 30 times the distance it travels per frame and if that casts hits something, then it will cast the projectile normally for the next 40 frames. (if it hits something in those 40 frames it will reset the counter back to 40 frames too, but that's not important for this). After those 40 frames, it will again only cast it every 10 frames with 30 times the distance, but, and here comes the bug, when it started the 40 normal casts, it did not reset the counter for the 10 long casts. This means that after the 40 normal casts, it will not cast at all for 9 frames and then do a long cast. In those 9 frames in between it can fly though a vehicle without hitting it.

The fix is simply adding a line this._castIndex = 0; after this._fullCastingCounter = this._counterMaxValue; in ProjectileCastingSystem.CastMe

Thanks HerpeDerp you're a useful guy to have around!
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

(2018-08-18, 11:30 AM)khkpck Wrote: i dont thing its overly large (230meterlong 35 width 32 high)

its a ship suposed to swim

simply put an air pump somewhere(when it floats) on it and the problem should happen

(it didnt happen if using capslock to "lift" the ship in build mode)

and an other bug i have with this ship
the game is telling me not all engine exthaust leaving the vehicle.... (i dont have an engine yet?!)

Here is a ticket for this issue- thanks for reporting it
https://shareables.prod.atl-paas.net/emb...e/13ZQRyFn

Some people reports bugs, he just corrects the code^^'

edit: Also wow, my bugs are already set to fixed.