Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

August 10 sprint update

We started a "sprint" on August 10th to prepare the dev test for release. Many tickets have been created and successfully closed. Here is a snapshot of the progress for the week. The column on the right is closed tickets. The middle column is being worked on. The left column is still to be kicked off. All unfinished tickets will be moved into the new sprint today.

Unfortunately we still aren't quite there yet with the stable release. Rooting out bugs in the buoyancy code that caused ships to float a bit high in the water and lean to one side took quite a while and has led to a refactoring of the physics code which is right now building to dev test branch.

Will post again with the plans and initial ticket for the next sprint in a moment, as well as some exciting news about new members of the team.

[Image: LSgN0bR.png]
[Image: kCqnN1D.png]

A graph of progress over the week. It was looking good but tickets opened as fast as they were closed so we did not complete everything
[Image: KhYN3T3.png]
[Image: ZjiVK3k.png]
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

You are a bug destroying machine!! Thanks!

Very nice!
Are the wheels bieng fixed though? I think those are the most broken part of the game right now.

sO hAs taNKs LauNCiNg beEN fiXEd?
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

That's some good crunching.

(2018-08-17, 05:19 PM)benzo711 Wrote: sO hAs taNKs LauNCiNg beEN fiXEd?

Please stop talking that way

@Nick, have you made Mouse4 and Mouse5 (and others) to be assignable keys for controls?
because I love having ship weapons fire on mouse forward (mouse5 I think)

@Benzo, You're kinda asking for negative reps?
you're really being annoying by writing that way and constantly begging doesn't help.
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Oh wow, that's a lot of bug fixes. Wonderful.

Is there any progress on the thing with the heat produced by subconstructs being crazy, though?

Another juicy bug. Not new to devtest, but an important one nonetheless. Already posted on discord but posting here again:
In some situations shells don't collide with certain vehicles at all, even if the shells are not that fast and the other vehicle does not move at all. 
The attached blueprint should be a reliable way to reproduce it. It is a fortress though and a tall one so it may take some tries to not spawn it too low or high or it will take damage. The blueprint contains the target (an Atlas on a subvehicle spawner) and will start firing at it immediately. The shells should (or rather, they shouldn't) be flying through the atlas without hitting it.

Small clip of what happens (tracer shells flying through the Atlas. The Atlas being upside down has nothing to do with this):
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/TightDeepKronosaurus

It only seems to happen at very specific distances and the shells either collide normally or not at all with the vehicle. I'm guessing the problem lies not in the code where it checks whether shells collide with specific blocks but rather in the part where it decides to check or not check a vehicle at all.

I'll take a dive into the source code later today and will update this if I find the problem

Attached Files
.blueprint   Tower_of_Ricochets_Phase_Glitch_V2.blueprint (Size: 270.14 KB / Downloads: 10)

Hope this can get a ticket now that i've got proof it's an actual bug lol
Well this is more of a 2 in 1
1) Wheels don't care what their maximum drive setting is (on Q menu) or wether they got sufficient engine power to run. All they care about is having some kind of engine. You can run an infinite amount of wheels on only 10 power.
2) When static, every heavy vehicle bounces a lot on terrain. The issue however becomes resolved really quickly when on the move, and then persists when static once again.

I've made a blueprint demostrating those 2 bugs.
[Image: 6fb82c18cf.png]
A little rundown:

Yellow is about the first issue. Do as the sign says and delete the yellow engine block. It provides 400 power and should run all wheels with excess power. However, if you delete it, the only engine functioning will be a single cylinder engine which only provides 10 power. With 24 wheels, that's only 8% of the necesary power, yet the speed and acceleration remain identical. I forgot to include an ACB for this, but if you set the "propulsion components" factor down to, say, 10%, it will make no difference either.

Green and red are just the bouncing issue. Self explanatory. Green sets drive fraction to 1, while red sets it to 0.

I honestly have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, so I hope it's not too hard to fix these issues, especially the second issue which is driving me crazy (and pssst, you might make benzo shut up for once Tongue)

Attached Files
.blueprint   Wheels shaking problem.blueprint (Size: 38.93 KB / Downloads: 7)
[Image: 2e148b3926.gif] [Image: wSoy1rk.gif]
This is why you don't make fighter pilots fly bomber aircraft...

(2018-08-18, 12:53 AM)ThunderPanzer Wrote: Hope this can get a ticket now that i've got proof it's an actual bug lol
Well this is more of a 2 in 1
1) Wheels don't care what their maximum drive setting is (on Q menu) or wether they got sufficient engine power to run. All they care about is having some kind of engine. You can run an infinite amount of wheels on only 10 power.
2) When static, every heavy vehicle bounces a lot on terrain. The issue however becomes resolved really quickly when on the move, and then persists when static once again.

I've made a blueprint demostrating those 2 bugs.

A little rundown:

Yellow is about the first issue. Do as the sign says and delete the yellow engine block. It provides 400 power and should run all wheels with excess power. However, if you delete it, the only engine functioning will be a single cylinder engine which only provides 10 power. With 24 wheels, that's only 8% of the necesary power, yet the speed and acceleration remain identical. I forgot to include an ACB for this, but if you set the "propulsion components" factor down to, say, 10%, it will make no difference either.

Green and red are just the bouncing issue. Self explanatory. Green sets drive fraction to 1, while red sets it to 0.

I honestly have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, so I hope it's not too hard to fix these issues, especially the second issue which is driving me crazy (and pssst, you might make benzo shut up for once Tongue)

It may or may not be related, but firing CRAM cannons (doesn't seem to be much of an issue with APS), vehicles tend to launch themselves into the air. There is also bouncing on landing.