Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

I laughed so hard when I made thеse ..... Infantrymen!

I am making modern armored vehicles at about 3.5 times the dimensions recently. Then I am thinking, why not make a foot soldier as well? About the same size (7 blocks tall, about 3.5 times the height of a human), I can probably cram in all the vital things that make a land vehicle tick..... And there it is! Or there they are!

Overall:

- 7 block in height. But I count the camera as half block high so 6.5, about 3.5 times of 1.80m. Fairly ok size for a soldier with helmet on
 - They have body armor on the front! Ok I am still debating whether ERA or turned-off neon light panel would be a better armor choice......
 - All the essential stuff: AI with land movement and target prioritization, engine, ammo, fuel
 - Two arms that can mount weapons. Currently we have: standard infantry, grenadier and AT soldier (that can't really do any kind of damage to armored vehicles)
 - They are dirt cheap. Spamming them and watching they shoot at each others is just hilarious.
 - I am laughing even when I am writing this thread.

Variants:

1. Standard Infantry. Picture shown above. Sporting two autocannons

2. Grenadier: Pretty effective against other infantry. I highly recommend to switch on module of the grenade to sticky flares to see it fly all the way to the other side!

3. AT Soldier: Hmm......They can't really do harm to tanks, but they are good at shooting other soldiers

By the way, how can I make the images in the thread bigger? The default size is too small.

Attached Files
.blueprint   AT Soldier.blueprint (Size: 36.27 KB / Downloads: 8)
.blueprint   Infantry.blueprint (Size: 36.99 KB / Downloads: 5)
.blueprint   Grenadier.blueprint (Size: 36.23 KB / Downloads: 8)

Cute, was working on similar that used more of a tripod design similar to the robot tanks from Red Alert games.

It's the first time I see someone (other than me) using 3,5 scale.
Looks inspiring, I'm totally doing soldiers of my own.
About images: I'm personally using Imgur for uploading screenshots. After uploading image in it it gives you options on what size you want your picture be. It have plenty of size options. After you selected desired size, you just can copy direct link to it and inster this link in one of the posting tool which name I don't remember.
If my writings are too unclear (which they probably are because I'm bad at English) I can send you pm with more detailed explanation.
"Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can." - Francis Albert Sinatra

(2018-08-19, 05:34 AM)Iladge Wrote: It's the first time I see someone (other than me) using 3,5 scale.
About images: I'm personally using Imgur for uploading screenshots. After uploading image in it it gives you options on what size you want your picture be. It have plenty of size options. After you selected desired size, you just can copy direct link to it and inster this link in one of the posting tool which name I don't remember.
If my writings are too unclear (which they probably are because I'm bad at English) I can send you pm with more detailed explanation.

Thanks for the tip! I tried imgur and it worked wonderfully!

Yeah I think around a little more than 3 times the size would be perfect for reasonable amount of the details while not making the vehicle too large and their weapons exceed the maximum allowed by APS. I basically just used their real life dimensions in feet as if they are measured in meters, and make them larger just a little bit bigger sometimes for components inside.

(2018-08-22, 03:46 PM)robertqin Wrote:
(2018-08-19, 05:34 AM)Iladge Wrote: It's the first time I see someone (other than me) using 3,5 scale.

Thanks for the tip! I tried imgur and it worked wonderfully!

Yeah I think around a little more than 3 times the size would be perfect for reasonable amount of the details while not making the vehicle too large and their weapons exceed the maximum allowed by APS. I basically just used their real life dimensions in feet as if they are measured in meters, and make them larger just a little bit bigger sometimes for components inside.

You are welcome.

I've figured out 3.5 scale unintentionally by noticing that 1 m/s equal to 3.6 km/h. 
Also I just made my own soldier, which is quite powerful and reasonably fast. I will upload it if I won't forget to do so.
"Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can." - Francis Albert Sinatra