Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: I vote for...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roma by Druggernaut
0%
0 0%
Ersatz Monarch II by TheConeezeanEmperor
100.00%
10 100.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SE BB Roma vs Ersatz Monarch II

Video 
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/m8SMNcoDQH4[/video]

Please vote here (poll above) and comment in the main thread.
★ Voting is active for next 48 hours.
★ Participants will get one point for every % of votes received.

Voting criteria
★ pleasing looks and adherence to the spirit of competition (historical/light fantasy)
★ swimming proudly in the water (vessel's freeboard)
★ avoiding any cheesy behaviour
primum non nocere

Roma is good enough at looking as a ship to actually be judged, if it looks better here. But... Noodles.
Makes things.
magic cheese must burn?

Lol... seems the Roma is that loveable child that's always doing the wrong thing ?? thinking I can make it a personal fleet canon to have S N I P E R barrels... lol

I think it would have helped a lot to have larger turret caps, or at least turret caps that extended further backwards. A good rule of thumb I find is that if the center of mass of the turret is way in front of the turret cap, then it probably will end up looking weird. As it is your turrets look a bit unbalanced. Also the camouflaging unfortunately doesn't look great when the barrels are over each other or framed against the sea/sky. But it is an otherwise beautiful ship.

Thanks skull, yea it was solely for the purpose of accuracy since I set the Roma up to punch straight into opposing citadels etc and wanted as much accuracy as possible

You could build something fantastic, where noodles were fitting overall style.
Roma's beauty flaw is not so much in noodles themselves, but in whole ship being pretty realistic, and these meelee pokers sticking out for no sane reason.

btw, I'd like to see noodle ship with (ram) bayonets on barrels going to poke them inside target and shoot from there X)
Makes things.
magic cheese must burn?

(2018-08-14, 11:41 AM)DraWay Wrote: You could build something fantastic, where noodles were fitting overall style.
Roma's beauty flaw is not so much in noodles themselves, but in whole ship being pretty realistic, and these meelee pokers sticking out for no sane reason.

btw, I'd like to see noodle ship with (ram) bayonets on barrels going to poke them inside target and shoot from there X)

Well achieving 0.2% inaccuracy was a sane reason imo lol

But I will state that coneezean deserves the votes in this battle his ship is gorgeous

It's funny, according to the scores so far the Ersatz Monarch II seems to have won a flawless victory in every aesthetics vote.