Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sea Encounters: Ironclads [Discussion]

Is this alive?
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

I the thread broken again. Just saw it indicating that there is a new post, but the last message I can see is from 20th August.
primum non nocere

testing site. testing site.

So weird that only this single thread still stays permanently glitch-locked.
Others have same issue now and then, but they recover fast enough, but not this one.

upd
wow, I unlocked it. Made reply by "new reply" button after switching to threaded mode, if this matters.
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

From what I noticed and was informed by others is that the first post on the new page stays invisible until another one is posted
primum non nocere

Yep, but here that another post was added like month ago, and then third, and it didn't care Smile
Makes things.

Beep Beep. Ok. Let's see if 'new reply' makes it work.

@DraWay: Yeah. It's irritating that this is consistently borked. :/

...I need to play the game again...

Edit: Yay it worked!

Another edit: I totally don't have an idea for a joke casemate ironclad based off the fried chicken containers at where I work...

IMPORTANT EDIT
Some rules have been changed/clarified! Major changes: NO repair bots allowed! And pendepth can now be whatever you want it to be! And the spawn distance has been lowered to 1k instead of 2.5k!
Minor changes: Just some clarifying what I mean in the mix-and-matching rules. Monitor rules changed slightly to allow an extra 50%, rounded up, instead of just two more guns. (Yes. a 95mm monitor-class ship could have 54 guns. However that's a literal metric crap load of resource in guns alone, never mind how absurd and fragile such a ship would end up being.) And the graphics (at this time) are in simple quality. Colors look different. Gonna be fiddling with it later though.

So! I was experimenting with the torpedoes... Turns out what my torpprop-fins-fuel-explosive warhead torpedo goes at a whopping 102m/s (thank you update for giving us that info!) The VERY first torpedo went barely 3m/s. The next one went 9m/s. Do you see my dilemma? XD jk. I'm not going to make you guys need to make your torpedoes slower than the ships they're supposed to fire at. What I did notice however, is that without ballast, the torpedoes go right to the surface and just bounce. And there's a bug where you can't set torpedo depth to anything lower than 5m or 0m. :/ So I'll allow 3-gantry torpedoes. prop-fin-fuel-ballast-explosive-explosive.

In other news: 

[Image: BZpCF6d.png]
4.0 wave height and maximum storm is really, really cool looking.

[Image: ibX0YuV.png]
Looks like some sort of WWII ASW action movie if Micheal Bay used massive waves instead of explosions. The protagonist is preparing to ram the U-Boat after having made his ship climb up a mountainous wave and charged down the other side!

Don't worry. You don't have to make your ships function in this. (Any ship that goes in this really turns into a submarine. Half the time they're totally underwater.) And the rain is still falling across the screen when under water for some reason. As well as thunder and such instead of it being far muffled.

Oh, how it functions (I believe) is the waves go a distance up above the normal water level and a lot of it is below water level. Like, 50m below. My subs were traveling in and out of them every now and again at their main depth.

Have a prototype here, if anyone wants to play with it. Slightly oversized.

.blueprint   Pioneer the Olde Ironclade.blueprint (Size: 199.02 KB / Downloads: 0)
Makes things.

SO! With the advent of the new steam propellers, anyone say nay to needing to use them? Big Grin