Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[2.16] My From the Depths is broken (bear with me please)

Ok, I know the title isn't descriptive, however there's a Lamb good reason. My FtD is broken in so many ways, it's not even funny and I really need help.

May Update pictures further down as/if I run into more bugs, in which case I will have to post them in a new reply to this.
Additionally, thank you YD12 for help with the photos!

First off:
I'm running 2.16, I have 2 mods installed (however these problems started BEFORE I had the mods, oddly enough the mods have helped significantly reduce the issues I've had with FtD (they are the Missile Expansion mod and the ProTectech Tools mod - for anyone wondering)). The problems can most of the time be consistently produced and I have already deleted my ENTIRE FtD folder and done a reinstall to no avail (and even lowered the graphics to bare minimum and raised them to the highest settings).

The glitches:

Completely random graphical glitches (pictured below - these I can reproduce any day, any time of the week. How? Time, if I spend time in FtD these little bugs rear up) ALSO Random texture glitches (I haven't found a way to reproduce it - sorry, also moving in any way will make them disappear and reappear):

[Image: 4R0YPNk.png]

[Image: Q9FMMnv.png]

[Image: w19ky6i.png]

[Image: 50SzzzE.png]

[Image: 6mnnFrW.png]

FtD causing my computer to BSOD (it's happened twice (same error code both times, also sorry for no picture - lost it after the fiasco with Imgur not uploading the photo's originally!), before anyone asks note - my computer is not underpowered and both times it was FtD that did it (no other game), specs will be at the very bottom):

Carburetor - pictures below say enough, only the graphic representation of it is glitched, the carburetor itself once placed is perfectly fine:

[Image: FoLes5v.png]

My favorite one (I genuinely laugh at this one, I'll let the picture speak for itself - no way to reproduce, happens every blue moon):

[Image: vQqkoCV.png]

The weirdest one yet (and the final straw tbh) - I put two carriers against one another, just to see how durable they were (and to test aircraft of course) this happened, neither were hit (heck, neither even MOVED) - yet both did sank quite rapidly to the ocean floor (and as you can see one is under the map, but the planes it spawned (which didn't undock, though they should have thanks to ACB's) are stuck above it). The weirder part, my aircraft (which I spawned in, I hadn't set them up as subvehicles) AND a frigate worked just fine (I.E. Frigate sailed fine, aircraft flew just fine). At first I thought it was the mod, however one carrier didn't use it (and still sank) and the frigate did - so no dice there).
[Image: 0KRKPJF.png]

(note the aircraft that are attached via sub-vehicle spawner AND the fact it's under the map!)

[Image: dKsFPYe.png]

So, sounds like a GPU problem right? El Problemo! Just had it replaced - works perfectly for every other game I have (albeit with some (like WT on high) it stutters - however FtD is most certainly the only game in which I have encountered graphical glitches). I have noticed FtD capping out my CPU (which is weird) and will cap out my GPU - however the bugs don't depend on that, they will be present even under a light load - heck, they seem to become less frequent the more of a load I put on it (Ex. picture below - my game was at 15 FPS, however the bugs become infrequent at worst, non-existent at best - confusing ain't it?)

[Image: zb4aoWP.png]

Lastly, the specs:
CPU AMD A10-7700K (works ONLY as a CPU, I don't use the APU feature)
GPU Sapphire PULSE AMD Radeon RX 550 4G GDDR5 (sorry - just copy and pasted this)
RAM 12GB DDR3
2TB Hard-drive (albeit, a semi full 2TB hard-drive)

Finally, thank you for any help (or for that matter - dealing with the picture over-load, as said I wanted the most amount of evidence I could get to help with the fixing process)!
"If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun"

"If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."

So apparently Imgur has decided to take a dumb on this bug report (on my end it shows nothing) so, here are 10 of the pictures in downloadable form... (thank you if you made it this far, apparently everything wants to screw with me currently)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello?!

Gee, I don't know how to help with this. Maybe a dev could look at this?

Wow, those are actually pretty awful problems after seeing the images. I hope it gets fixed.

(2018-08-05, 04:54 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: So apparently Imgur has decided to take a dumb on this bug report (on my end it shows nothing) so, here are 10 of the  pictures in downloadable form... (thank you if you made it this far, apparently everything wants to screw with me currently)

Add .jpg or .png to the end of the imgur bit. It works ;)

(2018-08-08, 11:50 PM)YD12 Wrote:
(2018-08-05, 04:54 AM)Gaurdian23 Wrote: So apparently Imgur has decided to take a dumb on this bug report (on my end it shows nothing) so, here are 10 of the  pictures in downloadable form... (thank you if you made it this far, apparently everything wants to screw with me currently)

Add .jpg or .png to the end of the imgur bit. It works Wink

Thank you! o7 - It's been so dang long since I uploaded photo's to the forums that I apparently forgot to do that!

Thank you for describing and demonstrating these issues so clearly.

The issues I am seeing here ... it really looks like either you have a broken GPU or your computer and the unity 3D game engine are REALLY not "playing ball" with one another.

I simply don't think it would be possible for me to break the game in these ways if I tried.

I would of course recommend uninstalling all mods, uninstalling the game, updating all device drivers, reinstalling the game, creating a new profile (just in case, but I don't think this will help), and seeing what happens.

You might also try the dev test beta branch on steam. password is onlymeonlyme . It uses a different version of unity and that fix some of this.

Back up your profile folder before using this dev test beta branch.

Do other games work fine?
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!