Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Would Bubble Shields be a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, having Bubble and Directional Shields is good.
77.78%
14 77.78%
Yes, but get rid of Directional shields
16.67%
3 16.67%
No, Bubble Shields wouldn't be a good addition
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Bubble Shields

Do you think that the bubble shields should be like in Terratech, where they shield a set area and can clip through each other easily?
Releasing restraint level 0

[Image: 51lVoOiq%2BVL._AC_UL320_SR220,320_.jpg]

(2018-08-02, 02:27 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: My thoughts for bubble shields have been closer to the warp system as far as determining shape. I think that there should be a main block, then several rods which go out of it. The rods expand the size of the shield, as well as its shape. The rods could also have configurable joints, which allow them to change direction and projection distance, perhaps to cover superstructure on a battleship, rather than expanding the whole shield 20 meters up. The main piece would also have a setting for bubble projection distance, which would apply to anywhere not connected by the rod joints.

It would be a good idea but I think I would get too frysturated working it into builds. The problem with rods is that it would be incredibly space hungry which would really affect a lot of builds whereas allowing a complex shape would allow for more adaptability

(2018-08-02, 06:09 PM)MRSubscribe Wrote: Do you think that the bubble shields should be like in Terratech, where they shield a set area and can clip through each other easily?

Good question

While the I'd say to an extent this could happen but not to the point where it is overlapping so much that it's broken. The system is meant for a one size fits all sort of deal where you can just increase the size with field increasers to fit your needs.

Keeping it alive