Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

July week 4 update

Hi all.

Two main things:

1) The forum will be moving this Friday at 10pm GMT. This address will automatically redirect to it's new location so you won't need to do anything. The version of MyBB is being updated in order to accomodate some new add-ons to stop spam. I believe this should go pretty smoothly. All threads / users / etc will be migrated. The forum will be closed from 10pm until the job is done. Hopefully just a few hours!

2) The new version of FTD will be released into the dev test branch this Saturday unless something very unexpected happens. Thanks so much for your patience.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

Great news

What will be included in the update?
like's strange music Tongue

(2018-07-26, 05:38 PM)khkpck Wrote: Great news

What will be included in the update?

The main things you'll notice are a:

1) new water layer system that supports large waves and swell as well as water reflections.
2) New graphical post processing things such as ambient occlusion, bloom, reflection probes, deferred rendering and a new fog system, anti-aliasing
3) Vehicle block materials are now PBR (physically based rendering) which means instead of rendering based on color and normal maps they have color, normal, height, ambient occlusion, metallic and specularity (opposite of roughness) maps. This means that they look much more realistic and much more interesting
4) The options menu is now using the new UI system developed for Forgotten Shores. this UI system will be rolled out across the the rest of FTD as time goes on.
5) A lot of code has been re-written to support modders. Modders can now add their own categories of "things" in the modding menu (such as the current items/meshes/materials/textures/item replaces/mesh replacements/help pages/etc). Modders can add their own stuff to the player profile for loading and saving. Modders can add their own Game Configuration Constants such as Buoyancy Factor / Mass Factor/ Damage Factor etc.

Under the hood a huge amount has changed and the impact of that will be that the development cycle from this point forward will speed up.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

Thank you Nick.
Please keep to schedule, I beg you.

Can't wait to sea my multi-thousand block (sky-)ship's with these updates

(My last creation is nearly 1000 meter long and has around 160 turrets xD)
like's strange music Tongue

Oh and I put in a new wheel system which I believe works pretty well

Oh and all the keys are remappable from inside the options menu of the game now

(2018-07-26, 06:45 PM)Nick Smart Wrote: Oh and all the keys are remappable from inside the options menu of the game now

Yay, thanks

Great to hear nick, I can't wait to see the new additions!

Awesome news! Can't wait to check it out
I'm just someone who fails to build anything bigger than 60 volume for unknown reasons.