Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Are you interested in this sort of tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
3 75.00%
No
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Earthlike Expeditionary Exhibitions (submissions due 8/31, reservations due 8/24)

I am really curious about the results you'll get, how the physics change affecting different designs.
Will there be videos about it?
If yes, definitely link them, please!
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2018-08-10, 08:12 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote:
(2018-08-04, 12:17 PM)NutterChap Wrote: :EDIT: Today it's 10th of august. mm... probably only enough time for a half-aßed retrofit. :/
This is a concern of mine also. While I said that designs were due today, as of writing this my submission box is completely empty. I'm not sure whether to push back the due date or cancel the tourney.
If you'd actually create a video showcasing this physics settings it would definitely draw some attention to this tournament. I think people would like to see why this environment is fun and worth dedicating some time investing in it.
primum non nocere

(2018-07-19, 02:38 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote:
  •  There are a maximum of eight entrants to keep the number of matches in this case to a sane level.

This kept me from making an entry. Didn't want to spend a bunch of time making something and end up submitting entry number 9.

Since the first time got no submissions at all, I've revised the opening post and set a new design due date as well as a reservation system.
I've also at long last gotten my recording software working and recorded an initial example battle between one of my own ships and some modified DWG ships (which shows, none too deliberately, the importance of customizing one's target prioritization in a tournament battle) and a video showcasing some of the differences with physics behaviors regarding airplanes. These have no music as they are test demos, but the vehicles involved are also attached.

https://youtu.be/Z6ZGlriyYY4

.blueprint   Ardent w Heartsone.blueprint (Size: 110.88 KB / Downloads: 0)

.blueprint   Kalmar High Level.blueprint (Size: 200.75 KB / Downloads: 0)

.blueprint   Scrapper PT.blueprint (Size: 67.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
Watercraft in these physics settings tend to be unstable, due in part to a quirk or bug in the game's physics engine regarding beams; PID systems are useful, but not required, as some ship designs can maintain stability without. The Kalmar and Scrappers are outfitted with improved weapons and updated to work in this water with a respectable degree of stability.

https://youtu.be/zco_4yDJ5FI

.blueprint   Cute Manual Plane.blueprint (Size: 39.75 KB / Downloads: 0)
This biplane is manually controlled. It requires a reasonably flat airfield to get up to the speeds required to take off.

I'll probably make more promotional videos in the upcoming days as I've got most of the DWG vehicles converted to work in these settings, with a few exceptions, most notably ballooncraft, large airships or high-difficulty vehicles which all tend to be very metal-heavy and therefore susceptible to the nerfs to force generators and, to a lesser degree, buoyancy in these settings. Tragically, hot air balloons are nerfed in these physics settings just as much as dediblades are as they generate force rather than buoyancy.

(2018-08-11, 01:10 AM)T3hJimmer Wrote:
(2018-07-19, 02:38 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote:
  • There are a maximum of eight entrants to keep the number of matches in this case to a sane level.

This kept me from making an entry. Didn't want to spend a bunch of time making something and end up submitting entry number 9.
Noted. Rectified.
I've updated the initial post with a somewhat different way of doing things that will prevent this thing, namely by allowing people to reserve a slot before they start actually building, while also committing to building something...

Also, I've decided to try this thing again in another two weeks, now that I