Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ingame Rate of Fire Predictor (2.2,8)

Rainbow 
Edit: Update deployed, it should load properly now.

Example:
[Image: 20180828141326_1.jpg]

It can be found here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1443683373

- This mod requires PTT.

It is a simple mod I pulled out of my main project to release as a standalone mod.

What it does is once again, very simple:

For each autoloader you look at, the autoloader will calculate the rate of fire it can support on its own in rounds per minute, and guess based on the number of autoloaders you have how much rate of fire your gun can actually support.

- The big things that can cause this to lose accuracy will be using varying shell lengths, varying autoloader lengths, and varying autoloader configurations.

This will be very helpful for building simple advanced cannons without using a spreadsheet, and it can still be useful for trying to estimate the rate of fire of a complex system as well.

New update: The firing piece advanced calculator.
[Image: 20180720114118_1.jpg]

- It just adds a more accurate calculator to the firing piece UI.

For predicting rate of fire I just wrote a tiny program, where I input things from the cannon (#of barrels, cooldown, # of loaders, loading speed modifier, and loading speed modifier of shell)
and then tells me its maximum rate of fire (Cooldown) and its maximum practical (continues) rate of fire
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

This is a very simple rate of fire predictor in game for the sake of making simple cannons quickly without too much headscratching.

The math to figure out rate of fire isn't that hard and I usually just use a calculator, but I still strongly approve of this mod. It should be incorporated into vanilla.

very nice!
[Image: 9cb5bacc82.jpg]

New update: We now have a more advanced calculator on the firing piece. I found a way.

Very neat. I'm guessing it does basically the same thing I do when doing cannon requests.

I've got a few suggestions, however:

Remove the RoF for the single autoloader, it isn't useful for almost anything. Maybe for figuring out tracers, but not in very many cases. If someone has a good reason, then by all means, keep it.

Change the third-from-bottom text box in the first picture to read: "This estimate is only accurate if all autoloaders use the same shell (or any shell with the same loading time), are the same length (or beltfed/not), and have the same number of sides with clips." It is just slightly more detailed and more lenient while not sacrificing accuracy.

Another possibility, though I'm not sure if it is possible, would be to count beltfed autoloaders as 5 normal autoloaders (negating the 0.2 modifier), meaning that semi-beltfed guns will still be accurate. This may be impossible or just make things more complicated and/or conflict with previous code (like what you presumably used on the beltfeds to begin with).
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

The single autoloader ROF is mostly to help people figure out round proportions when multiple similar round types are use in parallel.

Also, on the new feature: The APS firing piece can now summarize *all* single auto-loader rate of fire potentials to give you yet another estimate on your rate of fire, as a "All autoloaders included" estimate.

Updated for 2.2.8