Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Paddleship Pummel (Closed)

Here's the ship hull shape so far, with mock up paddle wheels.

[Image: Qo0NuqR.png]

Gonna move them forward a bit to fit centrally. Then figure out how to make the bloody thing turn...

Quick edit: Are mini paddles allowed to have repair tentacles?

(2018-07-19, 09:34 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Here's the ship hull shape so far, with mock up paddle wheels.

[Image: Qo0NuqR.png]

Gonna move them forward a bit to fit centrally. Then figure out how to make the bloody thing turn...

Quick edit: Are mini paddles allowed to have repair tentacles?

Nope.

I have updated the rules with a lot of clarifications so I would advise anyone working on a vehicle to go make sure it's still compliant with the rules

The rules were not changed to where it wouldn't absolutely break a design so most of you should not have to do much.

Hmm. Can I submit the design here? ^^; I don't have a discord... (But the fact there is a discord answers why this post is so quiet.)

(2018-07-20, 09:36 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Hmm. Can I submit the design here? ^^; I don't have a discord... (But the fact there is a discord answers why this post is so quiet.)

You can submit the design here, but if its in the forum post someone else may download it and see if their ship can counter it

There is supposedly a way to PM the design. :/ I'll need to figure that out.

Hmm. So if I make a 5k secondary ship, give it the exact same AI as the big one, it should stick close. Then I'll have space for 20 minipaddles and attack planes! Right?

All proper guns are in. Just gotta add the torpedoes and their 'aiming' guns. Basic design of the superstructure is in too.

[Image: 9mCCrSg.png]

So all that's left is adding the AI, ammo, balancing the ship (Very tempted to try with ACBs for a stable bugger), and extraneous details! Oh, and the firing arcs of the guns. Otherwise that would be bad. And literal metric sweethoneyicedtea loads of armor. Might go and replace the majority of the LWMA on the ship with proper metal.

Just realized I said something wrong in my previous comment. That'll need to be a 10k secondary ship. Oops. Can't have 5k... Hmm. So that'll be 5 of each minipaddle, 5 helicopters, and one secondary ship designed to (hopefully) stick close and heal the damage.

And I'm not toooooo worried about my design getting DL'd. In the Sea Encounters: Battleships tournament, my ships are considered the testing ships. XD (Although I will be mildly annoyed if you all take the ship to the Discord and all make ships to counter mine specifically. Tongue I WILL FIND OUT. Tongue )

Also figured out how to make the bloody thing turn. Just takes 4 ACBs for each paddle... (something tells me that this is gonna be a very ACB heavy tournament.)

I made a pretty significant change to the rules that is that you may have more than one AI mainframe. This was created because you need additional mainframes to aim weapon batteries with target prioritization cards. If you have a citadel they must still all be in the citadel.

Only three mainframes for primary paddles, two for secondary paddles, and one for small vehicles to avoid going overboard.

Are we allowed to use rudders? I wouldn't consider them to be propulsion, but figured I'd check just to be on the safe side.

I need to ask, how can we have a max of 4 secondary paddles when the min is 6k and the max is 20k, you can only have a max of 3? Correct?
"Anata no soba de! " - Hearts of Iron phrase.