Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Paddleship Pummel (Closed)

(2018-07-18, 01:11 AM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Seems like you just need a ton of paddlewheels. Alright.

i got my boatsheep to 7m/s so far with super paddles
in god we trust all others bring data.
Bad Ideas : For !!SCIENCE!!

(2018-07-18, 01:11 AM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Seems like you just need a ton of paddlewheels. Alright.

I got up to 16 m/s with this testing paddleboat

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2018-07-18, 01:38 AM)Celery Man Wrote:

I got up to 16 m/s with this testing paddleboat

Well, those are bigger paddles than what I have. XD

DIS FING GONNA GO BOOM REAL QUICK! BUT THATZ WOT WE LOIK!
[Image: OcbLH7e.png]
DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA!

If this thing is still able to go 4+m/s once all the guns and the ammo and stuff is in, I might actually forego engines. The guns will probably all pop real quick, but the hull will be super tough due to tons of armor in order to reach 100k. But hey, that's orkz. All the main guns are in, now I just need to put in the max-size secondaries. And torpedoes. And broadside guns. And tons, and tons, and tons of ammo.

If submission date's going to be early September, I have a chance to hop on this train...
Have pretty and fast paddlewheeler already, will need just to refit it to rules.
(Like make it Confederate!)
Makes things.
The fastest thing in the universe is sluggish... Years, decades, centuries from star to star.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

AN ORK 'AZ NO MINIMUM RANGE! WAAAAAGH!

[Image: rnGqoAd.png]

ZTILL NEEDS MORE DAKKA!

As un-orky as it is, I will be putting firing restrictions on the guns. What I will be doing as well is giving each gun a different type/size/set up of ammo. Which is very orky.

Contrary to what the ork above says, that is not a reinforced prow meant for ramming. It's merely a method of trying to keep the front out of the water. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlatantLies

Almost done, then it's on to work on Da Deff Zkiffs, Da Deff 'Pedo Zkiffs, Da Grotillery Zkiffs, Da Deff Koptaz, and Da Deff 'Pedo Koptaz.

If there aren't many entries, could I submit two fleets? (Orkz for funsies, and a far more conventional one for realsies? Or alternatively: Orkz for a benchmark/testing type thing, and the conventional one for realsies)

Upon seeing the 'exposed paddles' rule, I'm gonna make the Ork fleet for testing. (Exposed paddles is kinda dumb imo, because if you want a fast ship with protected paddles, that means more resources there instead of elsewhere so it balances out...)

What does 'exposed paddles' entail?

So here's the Dakka Barg. Not even half the allotted resource count, and not even painted because I'm not going to finish it because that would be too heavy to float and yadda-yadda-yadda. Plus too much work to get it to not shoot itself (And that wouldn't be very orky anyway) So yeah. Just fiddle with this crappy thing if you want while I go make a proper ship. XD Probably gonna keep the deff zkiffz and deff koptas though, because those would be useful.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Borks Dakka Barg by Captain_Fox.blueprint (Size: 174.89 KB / Downloads: 13)

(2018-07-19, 02:08 AM)Captain_Fox Wrote: If there aren't many entries, could I submit two fleets? (Orkz for funsies, and a far more conventional one for realsies? Or alternatively: Orkz for a benchmark/testing type thing, and the conventional one for realsies)

Upon seeing the 'exposed paddles' rule, I'm gonna make the Ork fleet for testing. (Exposed paddles is kinda dumb imo, because if you want a fast ship with protected paddles, that means more resources there instead of elsewhere so it balances out...)

What does 'exposed paddles' entail?

Exposed paddles means that they must be outside the boat and not inside the hull.
They can be outside and armored though.

And for the entry thing if there really are about no entries than I suppose two would be fine but there seems to be a lot of entries in the making judging by the Discord channel.

So can't be like the river ironclads? Or is that fine because it's got part of it sticking out (just armored)? So the paddle can't be purely inside the hull with a flat top above it from the superstructure.

http://steamboattimes.com/images/civil_w...07x895.jpg

The hump toward the back is the paddle.

So something like the boat you made in the attachment picture is OK? (Some pictures showing what is OK and what isn't OK would be VERY useful.)