Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Paddleship Pummel (Revised rules, Due November 30th)

PADDLESHIP PUMMEL

(go the the bottom for a summary of all new changes)

Introduction
This tournament is pretty much just based around the idea of making a tournament around not using any APS coolers, but in order to make it different than other ones such as Harnas’s you must use a ship with its only propulsion being paddles.

Quick Information
  • This is not a tournament using exclusively paddleboats. You have the opportunity to use smaller paddleboats and planes alongside, not replacing, your big boat.
  • At the very minimum you must have one Primary Paddleship.
  • Your entire fleet cannot exceed 150,000 resource.
You have the opportunity to make four different types of vehicles:
  1. The “Primary Paddleship,” which must cost between 100,000 to 150,000 resource. Only 1 allowed per submission.
  2. The “Secondary Paddleship,” which must cost between 6,000 to 20,000 resource. Up to 3 allowed per submission.
  3. The “Paddleboat,” which are small vehicles costing 2,500 to 5,999 resource. As many as you like per submission.
  4. and Planes, which are flying vehicles costing 2,500 to 8,000 resource. Also as many as you like per submission.

The Rules
General
  • You can not use propellers, jet engines, or dediblades as ship propulsion.
  • No shields, gauge cooling units, proximity fuses, hydrofoils (and pseudo-hydrofoils using sideways rudders), or repair bots are allowed.
  • No spinblock cheese.
  • Ships must attempt to stay afloat and cannot fly.
  • Missiles are allowed, with the only banned component being LUA boxes. Up to 30 missile launchers per vehicle.
  • You have 5000 centralized resource. Steam engines are allowed.
Paddleships
  • Cannot use any propulsion aside from spinblock-driven paddles.
  • Must go at a speed of at least 4 m/s.
  • For weapons, all are allowed EXCEPT any energy weapon (including simple lasers) and rams.
Planes
  • CAN use dediblades and jet engines/ion engines.
  • Cannot use any energy weapons (including simple lasers) and rams.
Specifics and Settings
  • 0.99 detection accuracy.
  • Vehicles spawn at 3500m away. Ships will be facing the enemy with their right side and planes will be pointing at the enemy.
  • Maximum distance is 5000m and maximum altitude is 450m.
  • Max time is 15 minutes.
  • Points are awarded by total percent of fleet damaged. Ties will be decided by which ship looks the best after the last battle.
  • The map will be landmassless and will have 0.5m waves.
  • For submission just PM me here or on Discord (the Arena server is recommended for finding me)
  • The Youtube account where the battles will be posted is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIM1gNZ...oma9Rjx23Q

If there is anything that you feel like I should have included or left out just tell me ASAP.

Summary of These Rules Compared to the Previous Ones
After attempting to make a paddleship compliant with my rule set, I realized that that is pretty much quite impossible and really boring to make a vehicle with so many rules, so in this one I relaxed pretty much every single one and removed most of my worthless and really boring rules.
I also removed some assorted fluff stuff that made my rules give the reader a headache every time they would read over them.

All paddleships made with the previous rule set should still be compliant if you did not use a citadel, as citadels and their accompanying 20,000 resource bonus has been removed.

Are plane APS restrictions the same as ship APS?

IE no loaders.
in god we trust all others bring data.
Bad Ideas : For !!SCIENCE!!

(2018-07-17, 11:23 AM)amimai Wrote: Are plane APS restrictions the same as ship APS?

IE no loaders.
Updated the rules, and now planes can use autoloaders (including beltfed).
The autoloaders are just so you don't have to use inputs on the firing piece for aircraft.

Also can we use LUA for aircraft AI? I honestly hate the ingame aerial AI
in god we trust all others bring data.
Bad Ideas : For !!SCIENCE!!

(2018-07-17, 04:56 PM)amimai Wrote: Also can we use LUA for aircraft AI? I honestly hate the ingame aerial AI

I feel like allowing LUA in could make some cheesy aircraft designs that would be extra dodgy but good AAA with flak timed fuses could make short work of them so I will allow it.

Editing the rules now

Ooooh. This seems awesome! Big Grin I do love me some paddleclads. Big Grin Time to modernize them. muwahahaha. Is there a max range limit that they can't go past before getting a DQ timer? (Tournament mod is super helpful for this, but you'll need a map that removes landmass from the whole map)

Can I make my planes tiny little paddleboats?

(2018-07-17, 06:08 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Ooooh. This seems awesome! Big Grin I do love me some paddleclads. Big Grin Time to modernize them. muwahahaha. Is there a max range limit that they can't go past before getting a DQ timer? (Tournament mod is super helpful for this, but you'll need a map that removes landmass from the whole map)

I will be using the w00tness tournament mod and I will make the max range 5000, I forgot to put in the max distance while migrating my rules over from a generic word document

And for tiny paddleships that sounds good, I'll modify the rules and reorganize them to make stuff clearer

(2018-07-17, 06:32 PM)Celery Man Wrote:
(2018-07-17, 06:08 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote: Ooooh. This seems awesome! Big Grin I do love me some paddleclads. Big Grin Time to modernize them. muwahahaha. Is there a max range limit that they can't go past before getting a DQ timer? (Tournament mod is super helpful for this, but you'll need a map that removes landmass from the whole map)

I will be using the w00tness tournament mod and I will make the max range 5000, I forgot to put in the max distance while migrating my rules over from a generic word document

And for tiny paddleships that sounds good, I'll modify the rules and reorganize them to make stuff clearer

I mean like tiny little flying paddle boat airships. Because that would be adorable. (Probably killed quickly, but whatever. It's for funzies!)

(2018-07-17, 07:23 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote:
(2018-07-17, 06:32 PM)Celery Man Wrote:

I mean like tiny little flying paddle boat airships. Because that would be adorable. (Probably killed quickly, but whatever. It's for funzies!)

Those are fine too. Paddles for aircraft would count as decorative spinblocks so you can use them as much as you would like.

Sweet! Big Grin I should start soon...