Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hoverfleet BP Dump

I've finally made a few ships following a theme, so I'll go ahead and show them off here, and keep on adding them as I make more. Note: they fly at different altitudes, so one of each will NOT collide (as seen in pic). They also do not use fleet colors. They also lack water recovery, but I didn't find it to be much of a problem on any except the Trinity during testing. All these are RTG powered, though the larger ones need 2 large RTGs, which raises the cost 10k. I also have disabled detection myself, since I do not like the mechanic and it just adds further difficulty, development time, and things to forget. If you want to use these, you can replace the RTGs and batteries with steam or fuel, and buff the shields a couple power levels. Detection would also need added.

Vengeance Support Cruiser:
Though originally designed simply to take hits for bombers, the Vengeance wound up as an offensively strong and very capable hovercrusier for the fleet.

Weapons:
1x clipless 400mm HPHE
1x 5-barrelled 175mm solid/sabot
2x 6 torp turrets
2x fixed CRAMs per side

Defenses:
light shields angled down
3-layer side armor (wood, stone, metal)
2-layer armor top and bottom (wood, metal)
4-layer citadel armor (wood, stone, metal, metal)

Other:
56,000 cost
61m/s speed
Blueprint:
.blueprint   Vengeance Support Cruiser.blueprint (Size: 125.99 KB / Downloads: 9)

Trinity Interceptor
Named for its distinct shape, the Trinity is an effective starter hovercraft and support craft. The advanced cannon isn't particularly strong, but it is enough in groups.

General stats:
13300 cost
~60m/s speed
1x low-gauge 2-barreled solid/sabot
3 weak shields (hence the triangle shape)
Blueprint:
.blueprint   Trinity Class Interceptor.blueprint (Size: 59.74 KB / Downloads: 10)

Punisher Artillary Support
The Punisher was designed to bring some heavy siege firepower to the fleet, but has become a strongly defensive craft capable of surviving on its own. It is built on a heavily modified SD Pulsar as a base.

Weapons:
1x 4-barreled 1300mm 11-second reload inertial HE CRAM
2x 4 simple laser turrets for AA and point defense
1x 8-torp torpedo turret

Defenses:
weak shields on hull and CRAM turret
mostly metal construction

Other:
46,000 cost
50m/s speed
10 repair bots and resource storage
Blueprint:
.blueprint   Punisher Class Artillery Support.blueprint (Size: 103.25 KB / Downloads: 7)
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

I had a quick look at your support cruiser, as I am also starting to lookat flying units now. It's interesting, light and small enough to be powered by RTGs, but it's lacking some proper sensors suite. Also, you lack shield coverage on the top: most of shells will pass above your current shields setup and hit anyway; I guess reorienting and moving them higher (without touching other parameters) should help.

For the rest, fitting so many thing in a unit which costs only 56k is a nice thing; congratulations! Smile
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

Oh yeah, I missed mentioning a few things.

All these are RTG powered, though the larger ones need 2 large RTGs, which raises the cost 10k.

I also have disabled detection myself, since I do not like the mechanic and it just adds further difficulty, development time, and things to forget.

As far as the shields, yeah, I know they are a bit low, but it flies higher than the rest of the units and I'm currently concerned with the easier factions and shell going over hasn't been a problem I've seen. The other option for a 'fix' would be to add some shields facing upwards and acting like a roof like this: ^
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

The Punisher is sweet diddy. Like it.
[Image: signature.jpg]