Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I think I finally 'get' inline turbo's.... somewhat

Small addendum: If you're running an engine flat out the entire time you can afford to use minimal exhausts - that's not a particularily common scenario though, so more exhausts mean more efficiency at part-throttle. My own 5x3 1288 engine ends up with quite a few holes if I use minimal exhausts ( enough for more fuel storage than it needs ) but I've never installed it in anywhere where that would be sensible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

Appreciate all the advice folks, truly. I'm just glad I built a semi-functional inline turbo engine lol.

I've done a lot of tweaking with injectors and there's just a certain point where it feels like you can't improve the performance anymore, and that it's a very easy 'level' to reach.

In-line turbos almost seem... busted. The sheer power of more then one fully 'gassed' turbo on a carb is just overwhelming... nothing else comes even vaguely close.
(Is in your ship, stealing your turrets!)

Mods/extra blocks

After Cataclysm (and the separate 'railings' mod as well)
Dynamic Kinetics Simple Re-skin (armored glass)
Wrought Iron Armor
Structural Foam
Aero-alloy
More Corners 0.3

Indeed. Superchargers need a buff of some sort.
Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.

Well, that's just how they are. IRL superchargers are only used when you can't wait for turbos to spool, and that's hardly ever these days. How often do we really run FtD engines at low rpm? we tend to just build smaller engines.

Turbos take up a fair bit of space, that's the payoff.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.