Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ideas for next replica!

I like the laser longboat idea. Maybe something which looks absolutely civilian with a ton of pop-out weaponry, complete with complex folding covers, concealed missile tubes, and umbrellas that turn into AA guns.

What about some awesome machines from Juan Gimenez books? The old man sure has some talents when it comes to spacecrafts and other war machines. I like especially the ones from The Fourth Power:
[Image: fourthpower.jpg]
[Image: Fourth_Power_ID755_15_8692_big.jpg]
-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob

Interesting concept ships

[Image: 5aab10a4f0256_BB-5061SAYUKA-RailgunBattl...faa86c.jpg]

[Image: XWIND%C2%AE-4000.jpg]
My DeviantArt Page Full of Shenanigans
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: ljhYQd1l.jpg]

(2018-07-09, 03:46 PM)Skullsploder Wrote: I like the laser longboat idea. Maybe something which looks absolutely civilian with a ton of pop-out weaponry, complete with complex folding covers, concealed missile tubes, and umbrellas that turn into AA guns.

Oh! Then an ocean cruise liner. That has been retrofitted with weapons and random slabs of armor here and there.

So, the concept of the Riverhome with a more modern ship (and better weapons?).
Your giant expensive powerful warship of doom can be destroyed by dropping an anvil on it. One day, I will finally have enough engines to actually make a ship without stopping to make more engines.

(2018-07-12, 12:56 AM)KuramaFox Wrote:
(2018-07-09, 03:46 PM)Skullsploder Wrote: I like the laser longboat idea. Maybe something which looks absolutely civilian with a ton of pop-out weaponry, complete with complex folding covers, concealed missile tubes, and umbrellas that turn into AA guns.

Oh! Then an ocean cruise liner. That has been retrofitted with weapons and random slabs of armor here and there.

So, the concept of the Riverhome with a more modern ship (and better weapons?).

Yeah that'd be the idea! Top deck turns out to be resting on top of turrets that get pushed out by pistons if an enemy is near, segments of the hull and deck slide back to reveal missile and torpedo arrays, and half the guest quarters have been replaced by armour while the other half have been filled with ammo, and that roulette table on the deck is actually a LAMS antenna. You could actually have a whole bunch of spots on the side where a 3 block long segment rotates 90 degrees to reveal a hidden LAMS antenna on a piston, which then extends out to have the antenna resting outside the ship. If you were being really fancy, whole sections of the side could fold down 90 degrees to form the base of a platform upon which a small AA gun or other deck gun rests. Further, there could secretly be a series of laser optics running the length of the ship, and a cover on the prow opens to reveal a hyper-accurate laser ready to bore a hole straight to the enemy's AI. Would be a lot of fun spawning in an enemy nearby and watching all this stuff plop out of the ship all of a sudden. You'd definitely need to have some way of preventing the weapons from firing until fully deployed, of course, maybe have an ACB that immediately turns the weapon AIs off, then an ACB on a 1 second delay that disables the first ACB, and then yet another ACB that turns the AI back on with a delay appropriate to how long the weapon deployment takes. All of them would be set to trigger when an enemy is near. The real trick would be making the thing able to repack itself when there are no enemies nearby.