Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Add the Ground Effect.

If its set altitude above ground then will that not be a check for all lift components that will require more calculations or will it be more of a static multiplier? Out side of earth physics though, this seems pretty redundant as thrust is already way over kill. So I guess what I am getting at, is we are asking someone to do a good amount of work to add this feature without breaking anything, mean while keeping it balanced.

What about raycasting at precomputed points on a wing, this would reduce ray count few times and then applying gradient bonus dependent on these rays.

(2018-07-22, 01:33 AM)Soulcharger Wrote: If its set altitude above ground then will that not be a check for all lift components that will require more calculations or will it be more of a static multiplier? Out side of earth physics though, this seems pretty redundant as thrust is already way over kill. So I guess what I am getting at, is we are asking someone to do a good amount of work to add this feature without breaking anything, mean while keeping it balanced.

The point was *so we can reduce lift in general* without breaking hovercraft, and so there is a difference between a hovercraft and a helicopter - right now it's literally just an aesthetic choice about altitude.

Even if you have a distance check for every lifting surface it's still not a big deal. You don't really need to do that though, even if it'd be fun to have skimmers/ekranoplanes auto-correct pitch through aero we can do it cheaply with thrusters.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.