Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Extensive QOL Improvements needed

I mean this in the best of terms, but the UI is horrible. I don't mean the graphics, I mean the functionality...

Tactical Map:
- Confusing view, From what I understand this is how you manage your fleets
- The fleet order changes based on where the center of screen is, this is difficult to understand, perhaps option to disable fleet sorting
- If you scroll out, it turns into map view? No indicator when this is going to happen, or even what is happening

Map View:
- Unclear what this 'screen' is to do, I assume its to get an overall view of the map?
- Difficult to read sector names (Black names on black fog of war?)
- Issuing orders to fleets here doesn't work, if you drag select ships they abandon formation and free for all
- Perhaps fleets should only be selected on this screen (Tactical screen selects ships instead)

Campaign Combat
- Unclear what ships will be in the battle and wont, sometimes all my ships are in, sometimes only 1, I presume this is to keep the battles 'fair'
- If the above is the case, My large ship will be at #1 position, and then all the support speed boats spawn 1 at a time and get mauled afterwards
- I don't spawn on ships when combat starts, by the time I get to ships they've already been mauled
- Respawning drops from space, why the respawn beacon? I then have to swim onto a MOVING ship, given the 'floating water jet mechanic' this has it can be very difficult
- Would be useful to have something on the HUD if the current ship is AI controlled, or if I left it off by accident

Build Mode
- Doesn't appear turrets repair, and I can't repair them in battle, repair bots fix the rest of the ship, is this intended?

Just some of my observations which make it frustrating to do things in this game, although it certainly is fun, and alot of the components (Building, moving) are great, its very clunky to get things done

Welcome to the Forums!

Nick is at the moment porting UI, Shaders and whatevs from FS (Forgotten Shores) to FtD, after that, the UI should be much cleaner.

the Scroll out Tactical view changes to map view, annoys me aswell to be honest, can't really comment on it.

Campaign Combat will be overhauled at some point, when Strategic AI gets added

Yes Repair bots are stupid, (repair system in general) Subobjects always get repaired last (only when main construct is fully repaired)
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Sound
- Option to mute the "clanking" noise of the turrets would be swell, simple ship bobbing and briefly looking around is annoying

Use the warp mechanic to jump your player into your vehicle's chair (if you have one. If not you are jumped to somewhere above your vehicle). Use tab to center your camera on your avatar, then N twice to release. using tab while in first person will keep your camera fixed to the avatar, so it will stay with you on a moving vehicle.

You can see order of your ships spawning and how many will spawn using the thing at the upper right. Put your curser at the top (I think, it may be bottom) to see how many of your ships will spawn. You can adjust the block count slider in the mbottom right on map view to get more of your, and the enemies, vehicles into play.

You can issue fleet orders fine on the map view, just make sure you are zoomed out enough that you see your flag (or the ?), then click that rather than the green boxes of your ships to move them.

Beyond these, I can mostly agree with you. UI is getting overhauled soon, though I'm not sure how much of it is functional change rather than looks and modding ability.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-06-20, 04:43 PM)avengre Wrote: ICampaign Combat
- Unclear what ships will be in the battle and wont, sometimes all my ships are in, sometimes only 1, I presume this is to keep the battles 'fair'
- If the above is the case, My large ship will be at #1 position, and then all the support speed boats spawn 1 at a time and get mauled afterwards
- I don't spawn on ships when combat starts, by the time I get to ships they've already been mauled

Drink up my infinite wisdom and join the vulcan inquisition child:
----------Before battle
-you move closer to the enemy with your attack fleet
-depending on your weapon range, the red crossed swords icon appears
-you press it that begins pre-combat phase
----------Pre-battle
-on the upper right corner the list represents spawning order
-on the lower right corner the slider represents maximum blocks spawned in battle, yours and the enemies together
-down below the lines represent what fraction of your and enemy forces will spawn in, more lines above eachother shows not all units will be spawned
-also you can position exactly your units between some distance inside those circles
-keeping right mouse pushed you set altitude and direction
-the slider is for tactical machinations, and weaker computers
----------Battle begins
-you still can move the maxblock slider on strategic maps, if not all of your units spawned in
-you can get out your units with the white flag button for the whole battle (I do that with captured enemies)
-if you kill you get the freed block to spawn in more units, if the enemy does that there will be more of him

Repair bots have a range too, but do not need empty path to work.
On M view strategic radars high up helps.
There is a fleet move C ai setting where they don't abadon formation. Did you mean spawned in units? Then they will just try to keep that position but not easy to keep up with an undersea crawler for a quick jetplane.

Happy to be of assistance, your soul is mine. Wink
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]