Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is your favourite foe in From the Depths?

Though they are the simplest faction to beat, I am particular to the deepwater guards' designs.

I used to love (and dread) the old kalmar in my noob days, and the newer airships are also very nice.

Overall, I've had most fun designing counters to the plunderer, overcoming it by a small margin at first, and updating my tactics everytime it got an overhaul (arrival of the APS etc).

That must've been around my 400th to 600th hour mark. I still love bashing plunderers to this day.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!

- The Best Cello Concerto of all time - No, It's not Elgar's

Mine has got to be the Riverhome. An old ship, but a good one. I've made several buffed versions just for fun, but the in-game design is a bit weak. It's a nice alternative to the Marauder for testing, too.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

The Atlas is my favorite foe to blow out of the sky, seeing as it blew my badly built boats out the water when I was newer.
[Image: 1Mm0MCr.jpg]

I, like others back in its heyday, was afraid of the Paddlegun, designing (badly) a far more expensive and awkward version of it. When the Coffin armada arrived, my solution was to build half a dozen Paddleguns to defend myself. Since the APS update, I have been far underwhelmed by it compared to its old glorious self.
A force as voracious as time itself.
A void as cryptic as reality itself.
An enigma as vexing as life itself.
[Image: HjaVgvK.jpg]

The Thyr, pride of the Steel Strider navy.

I test almost every weapon I build on it.
[Image: JRbbeB2m.png][Image: kT4DxcMm.png]
All hail the Queen!

My favourite design has to be the DWG's Moray. When I first started playing, I remember doing decently well against the DWG, until suddenly this big, menacing airship arrives and steamrolls me. I think I spent my 10 following hours studying it and trying (and failing miserably lol) to replicate an airship as good as it. It is the vehicle which finally made me realise I was bad at the game, and made me want to try to improve my building skill.

Some designs which for me would be close seconds are the riverhome (I was fascinated by the concept of a moving shield which was always in the enemy's direction), the Coffin Nail (just for its unique design I think it deserves an honorable mention), and the Sinner's Luck (The first ship i tried to reverse engineer).

I never had trouble with the Moray myself. I quickly downed the first one I saw then spent an hour running around destroying mainframes trying to capture it.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

this might be cheating as i designed the first versions of it, but the latest version of Ow's Fairday looks stunning! whomever gave it a face lift gets all my, whatever it is i'm supposed to give for such a great job!

Under normal sailing conditions:

It isn't under fire, nor firing itself. Physics, yeah...

secret.airship