Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Battleship] HMS Saint-Bernadette

[Image: 8kPIk1j.jpg]

Description:

After several trial-and-errors and failed concepts (and wasted time and effort), the Starsaber class dreadnought finally passed NORDOC Industries' strict requirements and is now slated for deployment on the planet Neter, with HMS Saint-Bernadette as the flagship of the company's expansion operations into Fishbone Island and High Lorham. NORDOC executives, once combat trials are complete, are currently making plans to sell their patented Smartshield technology to the Onyx Watch, and even sell 3 of this particular class of Dreadnought to the Steel Striders. Research is currently being done on an adequate anti-submarine armament; for the sake of time and budget, a helipad was installed, with a support chopper designed for the ASW role as well as confiscating enemy ships.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Armaments~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12 500mm cannons:
Turrets: 4 superfiring
Ammunition: 7300mm proxy HESH; 360 m/AC spalling, 9,598 Thump damage, and 27,359 Kinetic damage.

20 236mm Dual Purpose cannons:
Turrets: 10 twin turrets; 5 port and 5 starboard
Ammunition: 1891 mm Disruptor shells; 113 EMP strength

8 AA Laser turrets, 4Q

1 Support chopper:
Armaments: 6 4m magnetized deph charges.
Defenses: 1 STR 4 reflect shield

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Defenses~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Armor Composition:
1m Metal, 3m Airgap, 1m Metal
Bow Plating: 2m Metal
Belt Armor: 1m Metal, 1m HA
Citadel: 1m HA
Active Defenses:
7 Layers STR 2 SmartShields (tuned to Reflect).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mobility~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11.60 m/s top speed
3 degrees/second hull traverse speed.

Attached Files
.blueprint   HMS Saint-Bernadette.blueprint (Size: 1.08 MB / Downloads: 15)

Nicely. Looks like ya color her its like the Slaneeshian warship. And... Ya didn't post the blueprint er?

Just realized the error and posted the BP

I don't think you need 10 cannons firing disrupter (5 per side, but still you won't normally need any more than 2 or 3), and you can fit an extra HE warhead and fuse on your main guns, plus you may want to make the chopper fire normal mines. Also, how exactly do you have 7 layers of shields. I find that incredibly doubtful. Maybe a typo and it's 2 layers of strength 7?
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-06-16, 06:08 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: I don't think you need 10 cannons firing disrupter (5 per side, but still you won't normally need any more than 2 or 3), and you can fit an extra HE warhead and fuse on your main guns, plus you may want to make the chopper fire normal mines. Also, how exactly do you have 7 layers of shields. I find that incredibly doubtful. Maybe a typo and it's 2 layers of strength 7?

For the secondaries, I wanted to make sure that enemy shields stayed down so the main cannons could get to work. I can tamper with the shell and see what kind of result I can get.

As for the shields, that was no typo. When I was trying to shield another craft, I found out that shields on spinblocks and turrets ignored the presence of other shields on spinblocks and turrets. So I built a 3x3x2 module that provides perfect shield coverage in any direction, was tied to a Missile Controller so it could aim at enemies, and infinitely stacks with itself with no drawbacks. I then began retrofitting my other ships with the new tech - however, the space I had prevented me from fitting more than 2-3 layers because they were so small, but I can easily build a capital ship with 7 layers now, as demonstrated with the Saint-Bernadette, and if I built a capital to accommodate this tech, I could definitely fit 12 or even 13 layers. In fact, here's the module in question:
[Image: XvhhMRM.jpg?1]

In constrast to traditional shielding you can:
  • Have more than 4 layers
  • Use less shields to protect the entire ship
  • Demand less power as the full 360 coverage and ignorance of other shields allows you to set the size and angle to maximum... also less shields.
  • Bring all of your shields to bear against enemies.

In case you need any more convincing... 12 layers of shields, fully operational:
[Image: 4Rnepfk.jpg?1]

You can even stack this setup vertically. Bam, 24 Layers. Good luck getting past that!

I know that spinblocks allow stacking. That's an exploit and cheating, in most competitions and as general rules. FYI you don't need the missile controller, that was removed, and a 3x3 turret is an extreme waste of resources and space.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

It looks like something in Gmod that's missing it's texture.
A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.

I chose to use a 3x3 turret base to absorb as much EMP damage as possible since I am trusting the armor to protect it against anything else. Also, the module actually consists of a 2-turret setup - one for azimuth and one for elevation, so the turret would take up a 3x3 space anyway. Originally, this module was indented as an aim-able shield I could put down the center-line of the ship and provide full shield coverage, the stacking is a side-effect. If the multiple layers are that big an issue, I can drop the layers down to 1 or 2 and ramp up the shield strength.

(2018-06-16, 09:08 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: you don't need the missile controller, that was remove

Just like Lathrix using laser combiner on his melee submarine.

spoiler-free player confirmed.(I think...XD