Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Friendly Craft Reviews!

After long time of polishing skills of hull shaping , RTG power and lasers , I think it's the best hovercraft , I have constructed . 
Features:
1) fully RTG powered , and has enough ammo-regeneration = zero resources to keep it running.
2)semi-hidden thrusters ( only for yaw and forward propulsion) , not easy to immobilize .
3) two thick metal hull backed by HA , can and will tank hits.
4)Two PACs on improvised two-axis turrets , dorsal EMP to kill aircraft , ventral impact for punishing ships that got too close.
5)lot's of laser combiners on a decent system 
6) powerful hybrid 0Q/4Q LAMS 9 (1:1 ratio).
7) up to five layers of shields on some places.
Needed help:
Tweaking LAMS to kill APC , shields do not help keep HE shells  away, vulnerable to HEAT- any thoughts why? Anything I forgot to mention?

Attached Files
.blueprint   medium laser airship.blueprint (Size: 552.4 KB / Downloads: 18)

I've been trying to slap together a workhorse since picking up FtD, and I think I've finally cranked out something that fits the bill.

Firstly, I build sensor-blind warships. They depend on an offboard detection craft to acquire their targets. I use The Vulture Tactical Satellite to provide this, so bear in mind it will be necessary to use my designs.

The Hoplite Aerial Destroyer is a baseline for a general-purpose airship. My aim was to build a massable mainstay for an aerial fleet that would be logistically friendly and as low-cost as possible while being an effective frontliner. The base model is a bit short on firepower, specifically to lower its initial purchase cost and allow for upgrades and customization without much trouble. However, I've quickly whipped up a solution for the bare-bones feel of the Hoplite:

The Hoplite Aerial Destroyer, Spartan Model is a weapons upgrade for the Hoplite which allows it to effectively engage a greater variety of targets, so it's not completely reliant on its APS turret cannons. This model is all-purpose, and should be able to handle most ships, flyers, and submarines up to its own weight class up to the Expert level. Take this thing for a drive and see how you like it - it's definitely not meant to be a Godly-stomper, but my overall aim was to make an affordable workhorse for frontline combat and I think this airship finally fits the bill to my satisfaction.

Retrofitted the DR-38 Spartan with a fuel engine and some small firepower upgrades. [Rate this one]

.blueprint   DR-38U Spartan Class.blueprint (Size: 339.89 KB / Downloads: 4)
Check out the Persons Defense Tech Fleet Catalog (currently in development stages)

(2018-08-09, 06:33 PM)Ninjin_Ninja Wrote: Made this somewhat recently, realize it crashes into mountains a lot, I realize that XD
Otherwise Im not sure what to add to make it better, but would like the help Big Grin
Terrain Avoidance ACBs?
Check out the Persons Defense Tech Fleet Catalog (currently in development stages)

Alright, I officially don't have time to keep up with this thread anymore. I started this partly so that I wouldn't be the only one reviewing craft, and so far only two other people have posted reviews of their own. 
There have also recently been an abundance of designs which either are outdated, unfinished (so I can't even review them properly) or so flawed that the potential feedback can be summed up as 'test against a Plunderer and try again.' 
So I'm done. I might poke my head in here occasionally to see if people have posted something interesting, but actually doing in-depth reviews? 
That's your job now.
CRAMS, LAMS, CIWS, APS, and other acronyms.

(2018-08-21, 01:56 AM)BorderWise Wrote: I'm done. I might poke my head in here occasionally to see if people have posted something interesting, but actually doing in-depth reviews? 
That's your job now.

Righty lad. Thank you for reviewing my Bayonet. That'll surely help me build better. And surely I'll consider doing reviews of my own if suddenly my burn-out for YouTube videos would fade away. One day surely... One day... Sleepy
There are two rules of thumb in this world:
- These warheads are great! Explosive are my favourite! Nothing beats an explosive warhead.
- If explosives aren't enough, spam more explosive. At some point they will break open.