Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Friendly Craft Reviews!

(2018-06-15, 08:36 AM)Normal69 Wrote: I would be interested in the starter unit analysis in this YT neter campaign, you can omit the video review of Ratatoa if you wish

Ratatoa Floater (Normal69)

GENERAL NOTES:
- Material cost of 330, 230
- Starter vehicle for custom/modded campaign.
- Only one combat test due to extreme lag.

VEHICLES TESTED AGAINST:
- Naga (BorderWise): Draw. Was getting less than 3 frames per second.

PROS:
- Lots of weapons and weapon types - APS, missiles, PAC, CRAM, laser.
- Anti-missile CIWS + missile interceptors.
- Repair core.
- Fuel production.

CONS:
- Complete overkill for a starting vehicle in material cost and weaponry - even scrapping it would allow for a Godly-class type warship immediately.
- Collision between sub-vehicles really kills the framerate - incredibly laggy in combat (at least on my PC).
- Repair monster - burns a lot of materials in combat.
- Detection exploits - detectors are on an internal subvehicle on turrets.
- Material and combat inefficent - struggles against craft roughly equal to it in cost.
- Volatile and armoured mostly with wood - plummets out of the sky while still above 80% health.
- Fuel refinery highly inefficent and probably shouldn't be on a vehicle that tips over so easily.

RECOMMENDED CHANGES:
- Get rid of the subvehicles, they are not needed and they severely hinder performance.
- Dial down the weaponry - if it's a starting vehicle, it doesn't need so many large weapons.
- Less repair spam, less wood/HA and more metal and shields - more material efficient and combat effective.
- Make it a non-combat vehicle, get rid of the fuel refinery or make it a completely fuel-independant vehicle.

FINAL VERDICT:
An ambitious design, but needs to be toned down a lot. This craft is trying to be too many things at once in an overly complex manner.
CRAMS, LAMS, CIWS, APS, and other acronyms.

I'm finally back to playing this game and I made this thing:
[Image: BBDF7B6B6FF36B814AAB665FA6E891646B4966A3]
Do you have any tips to improve this thing?
Also, if this ship looks like things were slapped on... this thing went through 5 times of me "upgrading it" by putting new things on it and adding armor.

Edit: I have very little understanding of how the detection systems work, so there is none put on this. I could try putting some on if you want or are you willing to have the detection setting set to where they don't need detection stuff when you review this?

Thanks to Oventoaster955's help, I got the Marina pretty powerful. Here is the newest version: The Marina Mk4 (No pics... sorry.)

Attached Files
.blueprint   Marina Mk2.blueprint (Size: 972.87 KB / Downloads: 8)
.blueprint   Marina Mk4 .blueprint (Size: 925.53 KB / Downloads: 2)
Neppity Nep Nep!

(2018-06-21, 02:52 AM)BorderWise Wrote: FINAL VERDICT:
An ambitious design, but needs to be toned down a lot. This craft is trying to be too many things at once in an overly complex manner.

Yes. Big Grin
Almost all my units are full of testing ideas.
The game is complex + I am complex = my units are complex. Unnecessarily. Big Grin

And yes, internal collision = lag. Somehow the game doesn't handle well first loading a subvehicle unit - after it settles first time, there are less problems. Also it sometimes forgets subvehicle spawner setting reverting drones into just fleet units.

The high cost of the starter unit is intentional, it should be an easy start, and there are no infinite resource rings nearby.

Falling out of the sky at 80%:
Yes. I presume you've attacked it with explosive force?
That damages the middle unit easily, and that's what keeps it afloat.
There was an argument about how bloody cheese is an internal holding unit - and this is why won't.

Also when the middle small unit is damaged down to 80%, an ACB releases the big one.
Starter unit. Must have flaws. Wink

Thank you!
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2018-06-21, 05:23 AM)HerobrineofNotch Wrote: Marina MK2

WOW. That is a beautiful ship!

... except for the guns. The design of those guns are... interesting to say the least, but I'm afraid they don't do this dreadnought justice. There is also all sorts of inefficiencies with the ship. The guns barely do much at all. The missiles and torpedoes on the other hand...

Pros:
-Beautiful ship design
-Very heavily armored
-Massive missile spam
-Very fast; 20 m/s is legendary for a ship this massive.

Cons:
-Underwhelming main battery
-No detection - guns can't shoot
-Shields too weak
-Does not naturally float
-No manual control

Vehicles tested against:
-Plunderer (DWG) - Win
-Bulwark (OW): Loss (Rear turret detonated and dediblades lost power; Marina sunk)
-Eyrie (OW): Loss (Weapon Controllers destroyed, Marina unable to battle).
-HMS Saint-Bernadette (Oventoaster): Loss (Missiles and torpedoes nullified, shields disabled, Marina sunk)
-Nova (Oventoaster): Loss (Propulsion destroyed, Marina sunk. Nova's LAMS were disabled by missiles however, though the Nova tanked everything else)
-Nightshark (Oventoaster): Total Loss (Hull breach on both sides, total loss of engine power, Marina sunk)

Suggestions for improvements:
  • Detection systems! Those 500mm guns, awkward as they may be, can put some decent firepower downrange. But...
  • Complete and total redesign of the guns. There should at least be 8-12 main battery cannons on a battleship. Make them direct-fed too so they don't nuke your ship when struck.
  • 8m shell length for the ammo (Yours are 3 meter). You are missing out on massive damage potential.
  • Put the ship on a serious diet. Trading the HA for Metal would definitely allow the ship to float on it's own even without the hydrofoils. You could even cut the cost down to a reasonable 200k from the 600k current cost. The lower mass could even make your ship faster than my planes!
  • It can't take or deal meaningful damage past the DWG. Torpedoes should at least be 7 meters to inflict decent damage. Switch missiles to Radar seekers to defeat Heat Decoys.
  • Add some LAMS. The ship has the engine power for it.
  • Fan out the shields to remove shot traps. Improve their strength, put them on turrets to not waste power, or add a second layer.
  • More propulsion power. Add a second set of blades, more propellers, and frontal rudders for super-tight turn rate and massive speed boost. If you are feeling daft, you can put the fuel to good use and install a custom jet.

Final Verdict: Gorgeous ship, though it's performance is severely lacking. This ship has no saving grace at all - the ships that defeated the Mariner were all less expensive - the Nightshark in particular was only 1/6th the cost (115k vs 633k and could repair past the Mariner's lackluster missiles and torpedoes despite being unarmored. HMS Saint-Bernadette, a ship only 100k less in cost, didn't even drop below 99%, let alone suffer a hull breach or turret detonation, and it doesn't even have LAMS! The only thing good about the Mariner is the speed. Try focusing on the speed and the missiles - I can see this ship breaching the 40 m/s mark, and a missile ship that fast is a force to be reckoned with.

UPDATE:

I've gone ahead and retrofitted the ship to be better at what she does best. Blueprint attached.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Marina Mk3.blueprint (Size: 791.76 KB / Downloads: 6)

I know that there's a long list of ships that need to be reviewed, but could you review a craft of mine?

[Image: xdoaQtt.png]
[Image: DMyAf8u.png]
[Image: GoxNVrd.png?1]
[Image: qhHQdY2.png]

This is the Sentinel class cruiser. Currently the largest craft in my new fleet, it serves as a flagship, and can deliver hell to it's opponents with 6 480-something mm HESH cannons. Designed to fight SS, GT, and some WF. Can take out a bullshark on a good day and do some serious damage to a perforator. Not sure if this will get reviewed, but I haven't had much feedback on this ship so that would be helpful.
I make meta stuff but it's pretty

(2018-06-22, 04:23 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote: I know that there's a long list of ships that need to be reviewed, but could you review a craft of mine?

Where's the blueprint?
CRAMS, LAMS, CIWS, APS, and other acronyms.

Lamb, forgot about that
.blueprint   CL-01 Sentinel.blueprint (Size: 346.24 KB / Downloads: 8)
I make meta stuff but it's pretty

I'd like some serious help updating this old ship. It's at risk of becoming outdated by my less expensive and much more dangerous destroyer.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Stardust Version 4.blueprint (Size: 310.57 KB / Downloads: 6)

Here's a recently updated version of a super old frigate. It still uses some prefab hull from the workshop (I can't remember the name of the blueprint) and it looks like something I would have made a year ago, mostly because it is. I updated this recently and I want to know if it is actually still usable since I have yet to seriously test it in campaign. I intend for it to be a support vessel for smaller gunboats and be an anti-ship vehicle against the DWG, OW and maybe WF and SS if it is good enough. It is meant to be used at regular difficulty.

BTW, I'm the same dude who submitted the Paladin to your youtube reviews. If you're wondering, it classifies as a cruiser (A big one), just to clear that up and make it easier to do a double review with it and one other ship, since I know you prefer doing 2 ships per vid. A lot of people call it a battleship, which it isn't since it's not got the best armour and it just isn't that big aside from length.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   Spark Mk8.blueprint (Size: 146.27 KB / Downloads: 6)
My BP thread!
How to win neter. Step 1: Get that godly battleship to spawn inside a mountain. Step 2: Steal it.
I reply to people way too much.

(2018-06-22, 04:23 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote: This is the Sentinel class cruiser. Currently the largest craft in my new fleet, it serves as a flagship, and can deliver hell to it's opponents with 6 480-something mm HESH cannons. Designed to fight SS, GT, and some WF. Can take out a bullshark on a good day and do some serious damage to a perforator. Not sure if this will get reviewed, but I haven't had much feedback on this ship so that would be helpful.

huh...I saw 7 oil processor in it...

How old is this ship? OAO"