Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Airplane flying into space

While i was testing a swarm of microplanes i noticed some of them seemed to sometimes end up in space, i was lucky enough to see it happening to one, it seems like it doesnt try to lose altitude, i've tried setting the cruise altitude lower to make sure the control surfaces have enough force and setting the max roll angle to the highest number i could set it to, they still fly into space, Does anyone know what could be causing this behaviour?

Attached Files
.blueprint   Harraser.blueprint (Size: 37.83 KB / Downloads: 6)

Just a thought before looking at your blueprint is a slight imbalance of the center of thrust, mass or lift. Not enough to cause looping, but enough to where the AI is always trying to pitch down and only able to hold it steady.

After looking a the plane, it seems fine on its own. I would guess that it could have taken some damage that temporarily affected its manoeuvrability such that it could not pitch down.

(2018-06-13, 05:00 PM)MortusEclipse Wrote: After looking a the plane, it seems fine on its own. I would guess that it could have taken some damage that temporarily affected its manoeuvrability such that it could not pitch down.

try spawning a few of them, it is a very rare thing, but i doubt it is caused by battle damage, when i find them in space they're at 100% health, and theres no way they healed on the way to space, and even if they did if they're healed then they would go down again

What are you pitting them against when this happens? From testing they are not spacing, and your drag, cg, and ct are all fairly close to balanced. My guess, FTD bugging out with too many of them loaded or your fighting a high altitude opponent and ftd is bugging.

Your tail yaw is upside down, if it does like pitch you may be yawing into space.

Made some changes and flipped the yaw around the right way. Should go 84m/s now instead of 67 greatly increasing its survival time.

I was able to replicate 3 different spacing incidents, all 3 involved temp damage to plane from clipping another plane. They were then at 100% health before they spaced.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Harraser2.blueprint (Size: 45.7 KB / Downloads: 4)

(2018-06-13, 07:53 PM)Soulcharger Wrote: Your tail yaw is upside down, if it does like pitch you may be yawing into space.

Did he placed tailplanes upside down, or how?
Thanks.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]