Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fighter Jet Improvements

This Mod's aim is to bring better balance to fighter jet type craft that are being built closer to scale vs their real world counter parts. The first addition this mod brings is new Small Custom Jets. These new jets have all the customization features of the full size counter parts with certain balances in place.

Important!!!! I am a sucky coder, like bottom of the barrel, so this mod will not have any scripts involved, everything will be cloned items that already exist in game with heavy modifications to structures, costs, ect. These are things that can be done in-game mod editor. Some meshes are not vanilla but were originally borrowed from the base game, no one's mod were used in the making of this mod. Note from v0.51+ contain meshes that are either by myself, my brother. 3rd party meshes will be used in future version so do ask about the mesh before you barrow it for you mod if I left one in by mistake that does not have its license.

Current release Features: Dimensions are Length Width Height!
Jet Controller 1x1x1 and 1x1x2
Jet Exhaust 1x1x1 and 1x1x2
Jet Intake 1x1x1 and 1x1x2
Jet Compressor 1x1x1 and 1x1x2.
Jet Combustion Chambers in v0.57 now allow for connecting to from all sides. After testing in campaign they are balanced due to fuel consumption rate.
Rubber Blocks for all base shapes! (no wing blocks)

Current version for use is V0.41 any other versions are experimental at this time. Dimensions on Jets will not change unless the player base thinks they need nerfing or buffing.

Version v0.2: Custom Jets and wing blocks added
Version v0.3: Rebuilt and fully functional again. Working on the wing based sensors. Even build jet combustion chamber changed to 1x1x2 (LWH) and has only 2 side connections for fuel injection instead of 4 (each face) like normal jets. I am aware you can currently mix parts this will be resolved later. Also there are now wing blocks for alloy now.

Current Version v0.41: Added rubber blocks for all dimensions for vanilla blocks, no rubber wing blocks.

Experimental Branch Released Version v0.57: Composite Blocks with alloy stats and rubber blocks radar resistance, but cost as much as heavy metal. Currently also contains wing trims to smooth out the wing and even build glass canopy with built in 360 camera.

IMPORTANT, I SEE PEOPLE DOWNLOADING JET AND NOT THE MOD AS WELL. THIS JET WILL NOT FUNCTION WITHOUT THE MOD!!
Attached F-22 is to show case how this mod allows jets to work with NO Exploitation such as spinblock stacking, jet stacking, engine stacking, or resulting to using steam engines and fan power. Fuel cost balances this mod so pay attention to how much fuel you burn!!!! As a side note I did not remmber to mention, this is running 10% thrust in cruise mode. If you load in another jet or disable ACB it will use more power, at max it will fly 180m/s and consume all fuel (44k) in 5mins. At cruise it will last 48mins and cover 1.5x map width. Combat time varies but around 20-30mins.

The newest version uploaded here is 0.57experimental but seems to work in v2.16 and 2.17. There are bugs with mirroring so you may occasionally find a block that did not mirror correctly. When I have PC back will continue working on cleaning up and getting v0.6 ready for full release. This mod will then be discontinued and broken into several parts such as custom jets, wing blocks, and rubber blocks. A new mod will then be under development that focuses on other parts of the game for cosmetics for ships, and I will be working on a campaign friendly missile mod based on the work already done by Gruntmaster and Draba. This will be a small nerf to in the manner that damage will be reduced but so will cost of each missile fired so that in-game faction designs have enough ammo to reload instead of having only one volley. Example of this can be seen with the Falcon of Steel striders.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   F-22RaptorCustomeJetSmall.blueprint (Size: 93.68 KB / Downloads: 15)
.7z   FighterJetImprovementsV0.41.7z (Size: 40.5 KB / Downloads: 12)
.7z   FighterJetImprovementsV0.51.7z (Size: 1.74 MB / Downloads: 31)
.7z   FighterJetImprovementsV0.57.7z (Size: 2.86 MB / Downloads: 18)

Nice.
It looks great.

I hope to have the wing blocks ready in next few hours, I am just putting them into the interface and adding proper drag/cost/health. Keep in mind these are more or less cosmetic blocks, they will have low cost, but have same Hp as wings.

Some first looks of the new wing blocks, currently fixing the mirroring issues. Otherwise you have to build both sides independently. Will be looking into flat sensors as well for wing trim parts so that you can have sensor enabled but not making your plane ugly.

Edit: Newest Version v0.2 now contains wing blocks.

Current Version is havving crashing problems with new blocks, download will be down for few hours.

This is what happens when you get your notation off by only a few 0s, and hence why i am a slow modder. On the up side, is this big enough for those of you that wanted bigger custome jets? Looking at you SKyer.

Apparently not fixed not working on most pcs.

1x1 2x2 3x3 4x4 that are the sizes im thinking of being usefull
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

"Not sure what your asking in regards to the hover craft, some description or example would allow be to better determine if I can do it through the mod editor."
A hoverplate like in Terratech - it tries to push the craft up/down to a set height from terrain/water surface by consuming energy.
usually I do that with a dediblade and 3 acbs.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

For that you need coding which he said that he is not posseing.
Also 3 acbs? whats the third one for? i made hovercraft with 2 acbs per group
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Current Version I am working on is stable, I also found out what I did wrong in the mod that kept causing the crashing or never ending load bar....Never mess with the header file out side of the editor, results in bad juju. should have the working file up soon I am just fixing some of the meshes and making the jets be in their own groups to avoid exploitation. Example 1x1x1 can not connect to vanilla jets. Skyer I am working on each of those that you listed for dimensions, most of the time being used on my part is balancing the dimensions with thrust potential so that none of these bypass vanilla custom jets in larger vehicles.

Normal 69 Yes i could make those, but they would be prefabs not a single object. Example, I replace the ACB with a flat plate, a Ion Engine with a flat plate, and then prefab them together with pre-set settings. This should do as your requesting except it will still have ion animations. This would also not be near the top of the priority list for some time. But I will have a look at it later once I get these custom jets working properly and balanced.

Arctic (my brother) is working on adding composite blocks to the mod that will have alloy stats with rubber radar resistance and cost the same as heavy metal. He already finished adding all shapes to the rubber blocks so you no longer need to use alloy hauls on subs/planes.

Current balanced Version uploaded, this v0.41 will be kept up for a while. Any other version You see appear will be experimental builds so do not build any long term designs with them.

Experimental Version Released v0.5 includes composite blocks with rubber radar signature and alloy properties, and heavy metal cost. Courtesy of Arctic