Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fighter Jet Improvements

This Mod's aim is to bring better balance to fighter jet type craft that are being built closer to scale vs their real world counter parts.  The first addition this mod brings is new Small Custom Jets.  These new jets have all the customization features of the full size counter parts with certain balances in place.

In the Devtest Dedicated Heliblades will no longer function as suitable propulsion for small fighters so I was forced to finish up the Small Custom Jet Engines and ensure they are balanced, meshes were all correct, and that you could no longer exploit them.  (From what I can see you can use spin blocks and heliblades)  The Small Custom Jets file is only the engines systems.  The Jet Improvements Mod contains lots of extras.

Dimensions are Width Height Length ( I know little weird but it works with FtD building better to remember it this way)

Small Custom Jet:
Intakes and Compressors are 1x1x1 meter, with NO attachments.  This means you can not attach the auxiliaries to them.  The exploit of placing these auxiliary near the joining device also no longer will work, for this has been removed from my engines.

Injector that was added currently server no user function, this may change down the road, but is other wise a duplicate item in the inventory.

Controller:
1x1x1 As is.

Combustion Chamber:
1x1x3 and contain only 1 attachment point for Injectors or Extra Combustion Chambers.  Again exploits can not be used on this jet, it will not let any more than 1 connect.  The connect is on the front left side, If you want to use 1 Injector for 2 chambers using 2 engines, simply rotated the one on the left 180 deg (the controller) and then you can use 1 part for 2 engines similar to the large.

Fighter Jet Improvements Mod: v0.59

Contains "Small Custom Jet"

Wing Blocks both Alloy and Metal with reduced HP and Drag, to be more like wings.  These do not provide lift, they are for decorative purpose.

Full range of Rubber Blocks, example 2m slops, 4m slope, 4m triangle corner, ect.

Various Sensor and missiles attachment piece and custom shaped fuel tanks (still 1kfuel/meter) some are still under development.

After nearly 100 downloads of the mod across various versions, I decided to pull down the older version of the mod for they contained exploits (rather you could exploit them).  Current version is stable, mostly bug free (some mirroring issues still being worked out for couple blocks).

Please enjoy and leave Feedback. 

At this time, The Mod page is giving entry is too big error and refusing to allow me to directly attach both mods, they can be found at the following Google Share Links. 

Small Custom Jet
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SYve7X...kbwkES1Bwh

Jet Fighter Improvement Mod
https://drive.google.com/open?id=145Gv_f...ZlxNu94cHg

Alert! The wing flat LWC and Receiver do not appear to be working in latest stable branch or Devtest, they claim to be functioning but will not fire, will look into this more.
Hotfix, removed the old CJE for even build jets

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   F-22RaptorCustomeJetSmall.blueprint (Size: 93.68 KB / Downloads: 21)

Nice.
It looks great.

I hope to have the wing blocks ready in next few hours, I am just putting them into the interface and adding proper drag/cost/health. Keep in mind these are more or less cosmetic blocks, they will have low cost, but have same Hp as wings.

Some first looks of the new wing blocks, currently fixing the mirroring issues. Otherwise you have to build both sides independently. Will be looking into flat sensors as well for wing trim parts so that you can have sensor enabled but not making your plane ugly.

Edit: Newest Version v0.2 now contains wing blocks.

Current Version is havving crashing problems with new blocks, download will be down for few hours.

This is what happens when you get your notation off by only a few 0s, and hence why i am a slow modder. On the up side, is this big enough for those of you that wanted bigger custome jets? Looking at you SKyer.

Apparently not fixed not working on most pcs.

1x1 2x2 3x3 4x4 that are the sizes im thinking of being usefull
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

"Not sure what your asking in regards to the hover craft, some description or example would allow be to better determine if I can do it through the mod editor."
A hoverplate like in Terratech - it tries to push the craft up/down to a set height from terrain/water surface by consuming energy.
usually I do that with a dediblade and 3 acbs.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

For that you need coding which he said that he is not posseing.
Also 3 acbs? whats the third one for? i made hovercraft with 2 acbs per group
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Current Version I am working on is stable, I also found out what I did wrong in the mod that kept causing the crashing or never ending load bar....Never mess with the header file out side of the editor, results in bad juju. should have the working file up soon I am just fixing some of the meshes and making the jets be in their own groups to avoid exploitation. Example 1x1x1 can not connect to vanilla jets. Skyer I am working on each of those that you listed for dimensions, most of the time being used on my part is balancing the dimensions with thrust potential so that none of these bypass vanilla custom jets in larger vehicles.

Normal 69 Yes i could make those, but they would be prefabs not a single object. Example, I replace the ACB with a flat plate, a Ion Engine with a flat plate, and then prefab them together with pre-set settings. This should do as your requesting except it will still have ion animations. This would also not be near the top of the priority list for some time. But I will have a look at it later once I get these custom jets working properly and balanced.

Arctic (my brother) is working on adding composite blocks to the mod that will have alloy stats with rubber radar resistance and cost the same as heavy metal. He already finished adding all shapes to the rubber blocks so you no longer need to use alloy hauls on subs/planes.

Current balanced Version uploaded, this v0.41 will be kept up for a while. Any other version You see appear will be experimental builds so do not build any long term designs with them.

Experimental Version Released v0.5 includes composite blocks with rubber radar signature and alloy properties, and heavy metal cost. Courtesy of Arctic