Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

June week 1 update

As promised here's a weekly update for the first week in June.

The new project structure to support a combined code base for FTD and FS is nearly complete. FTD is nearly adjusted to be working again under this new structure. FS is back in pretty much full working order.

We're now working on the following activities that will lead us to the new development build for FTD:
1) Work through the remaining "snags"
2) Finish integrating the new water setup in FTD and customise it to suit the different planets
3) Finish cementing the new graphical options into the game and add options to turn them on and off... as part of this the entire options UI will be overhauled as it's getting cluttered and way past due for a refresh.
4) Re-export all the FTD texture maps with with height/ambient occlusion/normals/colours/metallic/roughness maps to suit the new shaders we are using.

We are quite far through all of these jobs and setting a good pace so I hope in the next weekly update there will be just one or two tasks left unfinished!
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

We much appreciate this update. Good luck with closing all/most tasks in time
primum non nocere

Awesome! Great news, and I'm really looking forward to the changes devteam!
Procrastination level is over 9000

Great to have the weekly updates. I can't wait for some good solid content uptates once the code gets resolved. Awesome!
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

That is avreat.

Thumbs Up 
Thank you for the info Smile
So Far So Good

A dream come true Big Grin
Thx Nick!

Thanks for the info. Feels good to know whats going on.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that I have my web guy updating the forum and moving it to a faster server. This change is expected to include a new tool that will mean that a user's first post will need to be approved by a moderator.. the majority of new user first posts these days are spam bots. This should entirely remove the spam problem I hope. Will let you know when this happens.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

Oh, thank you Nick for this.