Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[New Part Idea] Turret Rings

Only Availble In 3m and 5m Variant For 5m has 3x3 hole 3m has 1x1 hole
Makes Tanks and battleship cannons more practical than just destroying the bottom of their ship or the surface of the ship to destroy the weapon Now i can place it in the middle of a ship and suspended with a ring of heavy armor and surge protectors around a turret ring in the middle of my ship like an actual ship bearing system
Asus Windows 10 1080P (Decent build quality poor cooling)
i7-7700 3.2 GHZ (Good Enough DO NOT OVERCLOCK)
16GB Crusader RAM (More than enough)
GeForce GTX-1060 3GB (3GB is not enough for large good game-play go with a 1070 8GB Atleast)

If i broke something its not fool proof

Interesting idea I suppose. Would it come with a durability tradeoff? It stands to reason that this mechanism would be less structurally sound. Also, I merged your posts together, sorry for doing so without asking.

(2018-06-06, 06:26 PM)Vorpalim Wrote: Interesting idea I suppose. Would it come with a durability tradeoff? It stands to reason that this mechanism would be less structurally sound. Also, I merged your posts together, sorry for doing so without asking.

Quite alright yes it would be half as strong but 10% faster rotation speed due to not being a giant slab of metal
GeForce GTX-1060 3GB (3GB is not enough for large good game-play go with a 1070 8GB Atleast)

(2018-06-06, 07:27 PM)Vestromgames Wrote:
(2018-06-06, 06:26 PM)Vorpalim Wrote: Interesting idea I suppose. Would it come with a durability tradeoff? It stands to reason that this mechanism would be less structurally sound. Also, I merged your posts together, sorry for doing so without asking.

Quite alright yes it would be half as strong but 10% faster rotation speed due to not being a giant slab of metal

maybe an armored variant, slower but similar health?
Builds things*
*Quality Varies

How would the hit box work? Can things in FtD have hollow hitboxes? I think the best way would be to give it a 1m hole in the middle for 3 and 5m, or a 3x3 + shape for 5m. A 3x3 square would put the corners a bit too thin, I think.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

AFAIK block's bounding box must be cuboid.

Then make it cuboid or just a single block hole in the center then

AFAIK you can't make hole in the bounding box.

What would it take to make a hole in the bounding box for this engine? a whole rework? if so it will still open the doors to new part possibilities maybe worth it?

(2018-06-10, 01:04 AM)Vestromgames Wrote: What would it take to make a hole in the bounding box for this engine? a whole rework? if so it will still open the doors to new part possibilities maybe worth it?

It is rarely needed and probably would require reworking water and helium pumps, damage mechanics, detection rating algorithm and probably few more systems.
It also has high chances of requiring rework of . blueprint files which would require maintaining backwards compatibility or developing tool to update blueprint.