Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Nother Neter Playthrough

And so it begins!

A little longer than expected, but just getting a feel for the campaign at the moment, it's not exactly normal after all.
Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord

"Not a threat to anything other than an array of explosive barrels"

Sounds like it is good you didn't bring in my Doom From Aboves yet, though I did section the ammo (the entire top area) out some.

My thoughts about the designs you are using: Monitor needs a better tower (metal) and broadsiding AI with protected props. The subs need supercav heads, they are too slow to close quickly, and they don't have good target prio. Your hovercraft is simply too weak, not nearly enough DPS. You need something with flares or LAMS. A bomber or something would help you with DPS quite a bit (I have a few, if you want some, though my first submission would work well for that). Overall DPS simply isn't enough, especially with a CRAM battleship (Prowler) already. The way to beat it is to tank or dodge damage until you can disable at least 2 of the main guns. You could also use an ammo support vehicle, as I've noticed most of my own and many of these designs don't have enough ammo.

What was the design you plan on getting once you capture the RZ? You mentioned one meant for DWG in particular, and that might be my Arrogance hovercraft, but I would like to know if you are willing to disclose such information this early.

A neat little bug you can use for subs is to select them and an aircraft, then select both and click and drag to set altitude. The sub will end up at the inverse altitude of the plane.

My suggestion for strategy (though I don't know if you want any) is to come back, repair, get maybe 1 or 2 small designs, then head east and take the RZ, come back and repair, then tackly the 17 then 76 (or something) once you have a 30k craft to act as a flagship.

If/when you bring in my Doom From Above, I suggest you test them in a group of maybe 2 or 3 against a Riverhome, Water Buffalo, or Prowler, something like that, since they will rely on other vehicles to draw autocannon fire which tears them up pretty bad (They are probably the one thing which would lose to a Vanguard Retrofit...).

Sorry for such a huge post.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

Now introducing The Circle of Death; a sturdy and reasonably evasive bomber with 14 guided bombs, 6 AA missiles, and two low power shields. Comes at a bargain price of 14980 resources (batteries not included).

[Image: 2u1IFYqh.png]

[Image: sfz8xwmh.png]

Attached Files
.blueprint   The Circle of Death.blueprint (Size: 67.23 KB / Downloads: 6)

That's a good price, until you realize it needs 1k worth of batteries to run the steam engine it uses for power Big Grin
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

If my sub isn't to your taste; my plane from SE:BB could be useful, at just under 1500RP you could get 10 of them for 15000 RP and they've been tested victoriously against every single DWG plane in a 1-on-1 (although sometimes damage causes the DWG craft to climb above where the poor Aetós can get at it). A swarm of 10 of them would easily provide air cover for a whole fleet, and even a single pair would be enough for a small fleet. They can even take down some steel striders aircraft if you spawn in an equivalent RP amount on either side.

[Image: 4709739EBFF0F4C537A35D49766B3461E7B59EBD]

Attached Files
.blueprint   Skullsploder Plane FA-2 Aetós.blueprint (Size: 47.18 KB / Downloads: 3)

@skullsploder @thegaiaphage Thanks for the new ships.

@mizarluke Great comments Mizarluke. Though unfortunately I missed them before recording ep2. I knew I needed some improvements on the Leander and the results from ep2 show it in vast contrast. I think I'm going to have to retire her for now while I retrofit again.

@mizarluke The strategy you suggested is pretty much the route I'm taking Big Grin

I'm going to be changing the showcase at the start of episodes. The aim will be to cover new designs a lot quicker (from ep3 I might even remove the combat trial) but I'll also go over performance of prominent craft of the previous episode. And make adjustments where needed, ie supercav on the catfish.

I'm probably going to try and use the promoted designs to reward well performing craft, is twofold. Rewards the designer, but also cycles out that successful craft for something else keeping the fleets more dynamic.
Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord

I had better results when I left DWG alive, and instead conquering their limited resource rings, I use the leftover scrap from their continous attacks with an occassional capture.
They can't really damage my fortifications, which keep killing them forever, instead temporary one-time boosts of limited zones.
Of course I'm on localized resources, so bringing material directly to me is a bonus. Smile
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

Here is a long-time unaltered little plane:
http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/a...?aid=47811

It has one nasty missile, and one cram bomb tetrised into it's small body.
Mainly for confusion/detection role it has intra-vehicle transmitter.
It is on #1 resource group, and performs better when not alone and ammo is pumped into it - but totally free of running costs.
If you use it as a drone, use 3 second delay on the release ACB (when there are enemies), so it can use emergency return feature.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

By the way, I would recommend using 2 Silent subs and filling the rest with Aetós planes. The torp barrage from the Silent combined with its torpedo defense makes it a very useful fleet support, and the Aetós is great for shoving into fleets when you only have a few resources spare because it doesn't use any material in combat and hardly any fuel.

[Image: oUm1oA9.jpg?1]

Don't know how you feel about PACs.

Its the SS WhatwasIthinking! Essentially I gutted out the hull of a American Civil War ironclad replica I made a while back and made some... small improvements to. It costs a bit over 10k resources to build, and requires 1 resource per second in combat operations. It currently can hold 4000 resources.

The WWIT sports a larger central turret which houses a particle cannon system with two arms ending in forward facing lenses. It is set to deal about 14k thump damage every ten seconds. This is fueled by a steam turbine electric engine system. The broadsides of the vessel have been reinforced with wooden beams, although ultimately the ship isn't entirely capable of weathering heavy fire.

Attached Files
.blueprint   SS Whatwasithinking.blueprint (Size: 56.85 KB / Downloads: 3)
[Image: kIWMFGx.png]