Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remote aiming a firing?

Ok so I have a docking port on a turret and a drone attached to it but the only way to have my drone fire is an AI that will randomly pick and shoot.

I want to aim and fire the drones weapons from the mother ship can any one help me do so?

I'm assuming that this is a mech, in which case you may just want your chair on the drone (if you really want to stay on the base, try making the drone have a fire control computer close to your seat), but if it is a multi-piece system, with say 10 drones, you may not be able to without LUA, which I don't even think can do it.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

I wanna control more then one drone at a time
I am working on a mother ship that has giant blades sticking out of it that obliterate every thing with powerful lasers and pierce particle cannons
There will be two shield like objects on the top and bottom that provide power to the insanity. The whole ensemble cost around 500k and will (if I can get it to work) enable me to finish ATOE in recorded time
I have the resources and every thing mapped out I just can't figure out how to get it to fire yet.

Very difficult. On one vehicle you could use a dummy weapon controlled by the pilot and then slave the other weapons to it, but there is not a usable way to communicate that data between vehicles AFAIK.
Allr andask.

Ok I have the basic layout of my set up can some one help me remote aim and fire my drones?

Attached Files
.blueprint   END GAME.blueprint (Size: 396.57 KB / Downloads: 1)

(2018-06-01, 06:42 PM)Blothorn Wrote: Very difficult. On one vehicle you could use a dummy weapon controlled by the pilot and then slave the other weapons to it, but there is not a usable way to communicate that data between vehicles AFAIK.

So far I've got two somewhat practical ways to communicate between vehicles:
The first seems practical for sending directions. You can have a sub spawn fixed to a two axis turret (docking station or just trapped in rubber) on the sending vehicle and use the friendly information to read the orientation of the sub spawn on the receiving vehicle. Main problems with this are that it is quite large to set up, docking stations will lag behind and sometimes the orientation is not quite right and having the subspawn trapped in rubber may occasionally cause it to glitch through whatever is holding it.
The second method is for sending binary information to docked vehicles in the sense that you can send one bit per frame. Each frame, you choose to either undock or not undock the drone and the drone reads whether or not it's docked and if it's not, it redocks itself. Assuming the main vehicles is spawned before the drone, the drone should never actually be undocked as far as the physics goes.

That's what I've come up with so far

(2018-06-02, 04:29 AM)HerpeDerp Wrote:
(2018-06-01, 06:42 PM)Blothorn Wrote: Very difficult. On one vehicle you could use a dummy weapon controlled by the pilot and then slave the other weapons to it, but there is not a usable way to communicate that data between vehicles AFAIK.

So far I've got two somewhat practical ways to communicate between vehicles:
The first seems practical for sending directions. You can have a sub spawn fixed to a two axis turret (docking station or just trapped in rubber) on the sending vehicle and use the friendly information to read the orientation of the sub spawn on the receiving vehicle. Main problems with this are that it is quite large to set up, docking stations will lag behind and sometimes the orientation is not quite right and having the subspawn trapped in rubber may occasionally cause it to glitch through whatever is holding it.
The second method is for sending binary information to docked vehicles in the sense that you can send one bit per frame. Each frame, you choose to either undock or not undock the drone and the drone reads whether or not it's docked and if it's not, it redocks itself. Assuming the main vehicles is spawned before the drone, the drone should never actually be undocked as far as the physics goes.

That's what I've come up with so far

I have had some luck using light blocks to extend the drone ship right up to were the rambot sits and then add and firing control to the end of the light block stick.

And boom I have full control over the drones weapons. The problem with this is if one of the light block is destroyed the broken off ones do massive internal damage to the mother ship. Like one hit kill type stuff Sad

Is there a way to make a wireless fire control some how?

Afaik, docked vehicles generally don't collide with the mothership so you shouldn't need light blocks for that, right?