Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Add additional beams 2m and 3m for Corner Block

1m and 4m already added in the block menu for Corner Block. I think it is time to add 2m and 3m Corner blocks? With these, it will reduce the number of blocks instead adding 1m to fill the gaps at 2m and 3m empty space which is waste some block counts. I hope this does not burden the developer to make it in the future.

[Image: ItuUziw.jpg]

I dunno about you, but I don't want to have to go back and retrofit E V E R Y T H I N G because of the better durability of 2-3m blocks over 1m.
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

I agree about this. 2-3m variants would be useful.
primum non nocere

(2018-05-31, 03:59 PM)benzo711 Wrote: I dunno about you, but I don't want to have to go back and retrofit E V E R Y T H I N G because of the better durability of 2-3m blocks over 1m.

Nobody force ya to retrofit "Everything". I do this suggest not just to me. It's all the crafters who really want this for the future update(s).

(2018-05-31, 03:59 PM)benzo711 Wrote: I dunno about you.

No need to pretend to not know me. Please stop with ya drama stuff. Its getting annoying Dodgy

(2018-05-31, 09:46 PM)harnas1977 Wrote: I agree about this. 2-3m variants would be useful.

Yup. I think the Devs can do this. If they already added 2m and 3m beams...then this might be apply it XD

(2018-05-31, 03:59 PM)benzo711 Wrote: I dunno about you, but I don't want to have to go back and retrofit E V E R Y T H I N G because of the better durability of 2-3m blocks over 1m.

Ideally the stats of the blocks should be based on volume and should't be giving you any benefit in using them. As is, if you were going to find a way to abuse the higher hp of larger beams (like stacking them lengthwise so that only the 1x1 sections of a 4m beam are facing outward) you can already do that better with the larger sized beams, so I don't think balance is really an issue.

Vyrus you are correct that stats should be volume based but it was intended to encourage people to reduce block count for performance and it slightly mitigates that when such beam is destroyed hope you get is four times bigger. Ex kinetic round overpenetrates and causes 4x1 hole instead of 1x1 hole and then you have four times bigger chance of getting HE through that hope.

Yes. The lack of these drives me nuts every time I'm building because basically everything else comes in 1m, 2m, 3m, and 4m variations.