Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to balance an unbalanced-able game.

So after playing and looking at this game for countless hours I finally figured out how to balance this game in a way that it makes logical sense and still retains it's fun factor while not being to complicated to understand or hard for the devs to implant.

First and for most is the reintroduction of the resource known as Crystal.

Crystal needs to be rear around 1 crystal to 1000 resources

Now we need to add a few blocks.

1. The ground Blue Print block.
    The GBP :
    The ground blue print block is the core prepossessing block of your ground or water based craft. It contains all the information needed to repair and build your vehicle without it you can't repair your vessel.
    When initially placed it cost 10 crystal and has enough processing power to hold together a 1k volume craft. using the Q menu you can add more crystal to give it more processing power. It cost 10 crystal for ever 1k volume added plus 1 more for every 1k complexity.
    IE: for a 2k volume vehicle it cost a total of 21 crystal. For a 10k volume vehicle it cost 110.
    Pleas note that your vehicle dose no fall apart if the GBP is destroyed it just can not be repaired until the block has been replaced via manually or the avatar's repair tentacles.

2. The Aerial Blue Print block
    The ABP:
    The Aerial Blue Print block block is the core prepossessing block of your air based craft. It contains all the information needed to repair and build your vehicle without it you can't repair your vessel.
    When initially placed it cost 20 crystal and has enough processing power to hold together a 1k volume craft. using the Q menu you can add more crystal to give it more processing power. Due to the complexity of air craft it cost 20 crystal for ever 1k volume added plus 1 more for every 1k complexity.
    IE: for a 2k volume vehicle it cost a total of 41 crystal. For a 10k volume vehicle it cost 210.

3. The Wireless Blue Print block
    The WBP:
    Wireless Blue Print block is the core prepossessing block of your drone craft. It is placed on the mother ship and contains all the information needed to repair and build a remote vehicle without it you can't repair your drone. (note drones are all ways considers aerial vessels)
    When initially placed it cost 25 crystal and has enough processing power to hold together a 1k volume craft. using the Q menu you can add more crystal to give it more processing power. Due to the complexity of drone craft it cost 25 crystal for ever 1k volume added plus 1 more for every 1k complexity.

Adding thees three blocks to the game will greatly increase balance in this game while at the same time mean that almost all of the campaign designs don't even need to be edited! Because they can't repair any way. This also means that capturing will no longer be overpowered because you wont gain any crystal from doing it.

Now there is also a few blocks I think should need crystal to be placed.

Repair tentacles should cost 5 crystal each. (you honestly should need a true ship yard to spawn in a new craft this will make that a reality)

Repair bots should cost 2 crystal each.

AIs should cost 3 crystals each. (IE no spamming of AIs!)
Card slots should cost 1 crystal each.

And that is all

Tell me what you think of this idea and Thumb up if you like.

More tampering with resources wont do a jack squat without Strategic AI update first and the "Fair game" being a thing for the AI. This would penalize the player only once again while the main antagonist, in the main course of the game is unaffected.

I can say, alot of the issues stem from the archaic strategic AI
But making things more expensive or requiring specific resources only makes players just sit and wait since AI provides little late game scaling. AKA it brings back the problem of 5 resources where metal and maybe oil ? were the only useful resources, forcing you to wait for hours so you can think of taking care of enemy HQ or stronger titles.

And in designer ? cost does not matter since you wont be using that unit in campaign
MP PVP campaign aint gona happen like ever so even then the unbalanced gameplay doesn't really render the game unplayable.

People who want to make cubrlstomp vehicles will keep making them and will keep bragging about it.

In short, i dont like this idea. Especially at the current state of the game.

I don't see how this provides any balance whatsoever aside from adding an additional cost to things...
[Image: 1Mm0MCr.jpg]

"No spamming of AI" - go redesign the entire target management system and the navigatoin system first; not a single mention of that.

How is this idea meant to balance anything? where's the actual new mechanic? it's just costs to build & repair just like it is now, only with a different name.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

it's just another nice trick that won't work.
gets high on math

This is not a good idea at all.
A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.

How does this balance the game, exactly?

What I see, is that aircraft cost more of this crystal, making them slightly nerfed, not that it'll do much.

Let's do some math. For every 1000 volume you need 11 crystal, meaning 1 crystal per 91 volume. At 1 crystal per every 1000 materials, that means that if your cost density is 11 materials/cubic meter, this mechanic does nothing. If you have a lower cost density, this will heavily limit how much you can build. If you have a higher cost density, this once again does nothing. For aircraft, you just need a material density of about 21 per cubic meter (about that of HA). Planes are already a bit more expensive per block, and this makes HA bricks more efficient comparably. Same problems apply. This just encourages building expensive and inefficient. If I can't build bigger because of crystal, why not just make everything HA. If crystal is limiting me, why should I strive to fit things in efficiently, I can just leave a ton of open space.

I haven't checked, but could someone see what kind of vehicles have these material/volume stats, because I think that it will very greatly vary based on vehicle type, weapon systems, engines, armor, etc.

There is also mainframes, meaning that if you want reasonable intelligence AI (AA and main guns separated), or many small drone craft, you are heavily penalized. I would say that large, meta-bricks are the problem, not drone swarms or multi-role craft. FBTs and orbiters require 1, maybe 2 AI, one for main weapons and movement, one for point defense. AI decoys aren't the problems. It is normally ammo which is.

Capturing will still be OP if you have crystal spare.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast