Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

how do i make a satellite point down?

I need a small missile satellite to point downwards, but when using a general purpose pid set to pitch it just spins and the aerial ai doesn't want to point towards targets.

Ideally the satellite would point down when the ai is turned on for targeting surface targets and fly around when its turned to combat for space targets but I dont know how to get it working, any help?

Attached Files
.blueprint   vehicle.blueprint (Size: 39.86 KB / Downloads: 3)

(2018-05-21, 07:55 PM)doctercorgi Wrote: I need a small missile satellite to point downwards, but when using a general purpose pid set to pitch it just spins and the aerial ai doesn't want to point towards targets.

Ideally the satellite would point down when the ai is turned on for targeting surface targets and fly around when its turned to combat for space targets but I dont know how to get it working, any help?

GP PID could do the thing. Just use AI PID to disable AI pitch control.

I refit your satellite. First thing I notice, you put tracker on the missile satellite, but you are not using laser guided missile so I removed trackers but add wireless snooper. Second thing, Aim point select card do not effect on active radar and IR seeker. so I removed it too.

And use that bigger space put all ACB that I need. Big Grin (v2.16 ACB, not v2.17's)

it can point downward when enemy range less than 2500m. If there's no enemy closer than 2500m it will turn back to normal flying mode. (altitude below 1500m will turn to normal mode too but higher pitch angle.)

well, I made some stabilize tweak make it doesn't drop below 1500m. in fact, it always keep altitude 1800~1855m.

but jet stabilizer still control the roll that why it keep spinning.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Missile satellite.blueprint (Size: 40.16 KB / Downloads: 3)

(2018-05-22, 03:37 AM)Xalinsky Wrote:
(2018-05-21, 07:55 PM)doctercorgi Wrote: I need a small missile satellite to point downwards, but when using a general purpose pid set to pitch it just spins and the aerial ai doesn't want to point towards targets.

I refit your satellite. it can point downward now. but AI still control the roll that why it keep spinning.

Thank you! : )

(2018-05-22, 03:37 AM)Xalinsky Wrote:

I refit your satellite. it can point downward now. but AI still control the roll that why it keep spinning.

Thank you : )

I just dont think it is going to work though, I might try lua or give up on it

generally, you stabilize a satellite with ACB's controlling pitch and roll or you build it like a forward broadside craft with forward = down. I don't think i've ever seen a satellite that also could flip front forward and battle like a fighter (missiles will also be ineffective at high altitude, the fins stop working). If asked I would probably do it using 2 separate AI and ACB systems or by using a LUA AI.

The issue I had testing It, even with the new build is that it simply stops wherever it happens to be once an enemy is in range, It doesn't face the enemy, and it's movement is enough to throw off your large missiles. The end result is you get 1-3 volleys of missiles in a star or 'X' pattern that don't actually track the target. It might be more effective to use APN guidance and figure out how long it takes the missiles to fall into the atmosphere so you can set the boosters to only engage at lower altitude to save fuel.after taht It would be good to try getting it to fly over the enemy then point down, that may require a little bit of a larger ship to give you more room to work with the controls.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

(2018-05-22, 03:47 AM)doctercorgi Wrote: Thank you : )

I update the BP. it can do water start now.

and just try it. maybe you will be surprised. Wink

(2018-05-22, 05:43 AM)Xalinsky Wrote:
(2018-05-22, 03:47 AM)doctercorgi Wrote: Thank you : )

I update the BP. it can do water start now.

and just try it. maybe you will be surprised. Wink

Thank you! It works pretty good now, I changed the look a bit but its named after you now!

Attached Files
.blueprint    Xalinsky Orbital Strike Satellite.blueprint (Size: 40.21 KB / Downloads: 2)

(2018-05-23, 04:23 AM)doctercorgi Wrote: Thank you! It works pretty good now, I changed the look a bit but its named after you now!

Ha ha. glad to help. Big Grin