Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Bring back the old simple cannon sound?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would like the Older simpler cannon sound.
50.00%
1 50.00%
No, The past is the past.
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bring back old simple cannon sounds?

Maybe its just nostalgia I dont know. But when i started playing FtD i had the simple cannon sound where it was a metal scratchy sounding reload, you should know what i mean if youve been playing a while. And frankly i loved the sound. then they removed it in an update and ive sorta missed it for a while now. getting the simple cannon reload sound changed back would be really fun to me Smile[/font]

I could add a reload sound to it, the old grind clunk. Would need to see enough evidence that more people would prefer it that way and nicks go ahead

Hopefully then people would like it back too ;D

Maybe you could make sounds easy to mod so people who want something different can have it easily.

I think a mix between the new and old?
like the Clunkieness of the old combined with the actually shot of the new one just with a little lower pitch
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

I don't use simple cannons or much volume, but I would like that.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

Is there a mod which tones down the firing effect size on cannons?
I usually go mad ammowise, and have a lot of barrels. Wink
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

The weapon sounds have to be quite short due to a max of 20 of them playing as the same time and if I remember correctly sounds being able to be skipped if they have played for longer than half a second. The simple cannons are really short due to them generally used en masse, and it sounds really nice and natural with a full broadside onslaught.
I'm up for making them a bit bassier (I'm a sucker for bass) though even if adding a reload clunk makes it clip badly during gameplay.
All depends if more people are for it or against (perhaps add a poll?)

(2018-05-15, 09:33 AM)khaz Wrote: The weapon sounds have to be quite short due to a max of 20 of them playing as the same time and if I remember correctly sounds being able to be skipped if they have played for longer than half a second. The simple cannons are really short due to them generally used en masse, and it sounds really nice and natural with a full broadside onslaught.
I'm up for making them a bit bassier (I'm a sucker for bass) though even if adding a reload clunk makes it clip badly during gameplay.

Yea that would work i would really like that Big Grin maybe if not all of that if i could get sound file and maybe figure out how to make a mod back to it.... I do like the thought other people gave with a mixture, having a clean sounding bassier shot, and a small clunk like it had before would be amazing. i mainly liked the last part of its reload that had the lil echo sound to it you know? having a slighter cleaner version of that would be cool by me ;D

(2018-05-15, 09:33 AM)khaz Wrote: The weapon sounds have to be quite short due to a max of 20 of them playing as the same time and if I remember correctly sounds being able to be skipped if they have played for longer than half a second. The simple cannons are really short due to them generally used en masse, and it sounds really nice and natural with a full broadside onslaught.

Is there a place with a poll already? or was I supposed to make one?