Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Increase my firepower!

Recently, I've been attempting to destroy the Thyr, which is crowned as one of the strongest ship in the base game.

However, I was flabbergasted when I saw that most of my shells barely penetrated the shield layers of the ship!

Currently, the shield and armor of my ship is barely able to stand against the firepower of the Thyr with 100 levels of captain repair. I figured that I really need to upgrade the firepower of my gun because I cannot just tank main gun shells forever.

So, if there is any super-skilled gunsmith out there, I hope you can take a look at my ship and see if you can upgrade my ship's main gun to penetrate the armor of the Thyr.

Because I have no idea how to do it.

Here is my ship:

.blueprint   Liberator - S.blueprint (Size: 270.21 KB / Downloads: 8)

Almost every defense in ftd has it's counter, for shields that counter is either saturation through spam; lasers (unless they're laser absorption shields); or EMP.

Whilst i don't really build meta bricks or any real optimized craft i do read/hear a lot, and i think you want want to include a few disruptor turrets on your craft. Disruptor shells are APS shells with a Disruptor head and some EMP charges behind them, when a disruptor shell hits a shield it sends the contained EMP charge directly into the shield generator which knocks it out.

Notable from disruptor rounds:
-they have poor accuracy.
-they are rather ineffective at everything but destroying shields.
-the shields they destroy can technically be repaired again (though campaign craft apparently have little to no repair capability)
-APS guns use a lot of ammo, which with disruptor rounds against unshielded targets do not add to the firepower of the craft.

(2018-04-24, 08:36 AM)TheLightLOD Wrote: Notable from disruptor rounds:
-they have poor accuracy.
-they are rather ineffective at everything but destroying shields.
-the shields they destroy can technically be repaired again (though campaign craft apparently have little to no repair capability)
-APS guns use a lot of ammo, which with disruptor rounds against unshielded targets do not add to the firepower of the craft.

AfaIk the inaccuracy was removed. They now have the same accuracy as other shells.

I'll probably take a look at the craft later.

The innacuracy is still there. :/ thats a mod who did fix that (one of the adjustment mods)
The reduced shell health in increased spting range doesnt really help either.
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

(2018-04-24, 09:54 AM)Skyer Wrote: The innacuracy is still there. :/ thats a mod who did fix that (one of the adjustment mods)
The reduced shell health in increased spting range doesnt really help either.

2.0 patchnotes (taken from the Steam ones): "APS – Accuracy penalty removed from Disruptor shell cap"

It still feels innacurate though, probably because speed wasnt buffed to normal, they are still slower
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Those torpedos need a redesign. Fins to the back, warheads front. The sticky flares won't do much - your vehicle is way too hot for that. Also, one torpedo prop won't even use one fuel tank in a missile's lifetime - either add another prop, or a regulator. Or remove one fuel tank.

You're wasting loads of space in those turrets. The 6-way connectors are a waste - autoloaders connect just fine to coolers and gauge increasers. And 6-way connectors also connect to them, so no need to have them reach the firing piece.

May also be worth it to seperate those guns. 3-4 guns on the turret may help reduce the complexity of the loaders.

Single-clip loaders are considered inefficient afaIk. Either use two clips, or no clips at all.

Remove the muzzle-brake. You have enough space to use recoil absorbers (which don't reduce shell speed) - and you have enough thrusters to deal with the recoil, even without as much absorbtion. Just tune the PIDs, if necessary. Possibly also reduce the number of coolers, and do less burst-fire.

Severe case of noodle-barrels. You can do with much less, unless you intend to fight at 3km or more - and barrels like that severely increase the time it takes for the barrels to elevate, making it vulnerable vs airships and especially planes.

Smoke warheads would be usefull. Could be used to deal with hostile LAMS. HEAT may also be usefull - with that shell-spam, you might actually get lucky and hit a shield-block (and HEAT destroys those easily).
Possibly a mixed shell-setup. Some high-pen HEAT with smoke, some HE with a weak high-pen HEAT. Maybe also HESH. (Disruptors I'd add on a seperate turret/vehicle, due to how much powder you need for the same velocity)

(2018-04-24, 08:36 AM)TheLightLOD Wrote: -the shields they destroy can technically be repaired again (though campaign craft apparently have little to no repair capability)

No campaign craft have repair bots, a few (mostly TG) have repair tentacles.
For disrupters, try giving the guns more coolers and a higher designated RoF so that they fire a bunch of shells in a burst to avoid LAMS and destroy shields quickly. You could also make one or 2 autoloaders fire smoke shells, mostly negating LAMS, or make your disrupter shells have a smoke with them.

Inertial frag may work well for the main guns.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-04-24, 01:29 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: No campaign craft have repair bots, a few (mostly TG) have repair tentacles.

well...I knew a SS faction vehicle still have 1 repair bots called Raptor(an Expert plane) in v2.16.

although Raptor is too big for 1 repair bot. :/

----------------------------------
about playing style, I think many people will hate me.

I build a 10k material space jet fighter(using ion thruster). and it top speed could make around 300~500m/s.

must SS faction vehicle cannot hit it. and it keep fly over 40 minute.

when battle start:
1. try get on board
2. destroy all detector in my sight
3. retreat
4. send main force and destroy them :S

(2018-04-24, 04:45 PM)Xalinsky Wrote:
(2018-04-24, 01:29 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: No campaign craft have repair bots, a few (mostly TG) have repair tentacles.

well...I knew a SS faction vehicle still have 1 repair bots called Raptor(an Expert plane) in v2.16.

although Raptor is too big for 1 repair bot. :/
They aren't meant to. There are a few outdated designs which do though.
----------------------------------
about playing style, I think many people will hate me.

I build a 10k material space jet fighter(using ion thruster). and it top speed could make around 300~500m/s.

must SS faction vehicle cannot hit it. and it keep fly over 40 minute.

when battle start:
1. try get on board
2. destroy all detector in my sight
3. retreat
4. send main force and destroy them :S
That's one tactic, I just prefer straight-up capturing. I use a small 12k resource fighter powered by RTGs with 9 missiles. I just jump off if I see an enemy vehicle mostly disabled or one which is AI dead.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast