Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

V2.17 (devtest only)

Here is the ACB overhaul:

[added] The ACB has been completely overhauled
[added] Most ACB conditions now have a min and max inputs
[added] Major ACB modifications, the inputs and blocks are now in collapsable categories; the states of the condition and action are now displayed
[added] The ACB now have a 'design' GUI, which displays the location of the blocks controlled by the ACB
[added] The ACB can now use a string pattern to select blocks according to their names
[added] An ACB 'AND' logic gate is simulated when several ACBs are touching each other, the ones with only a condition or only an action are 'attached' to the ones with an action and a condition
[added] Most ACB conditions can be inverted (as with a 'NOT' logic gate)
[added] ACBs delayed action can now be queued (before it wasn't possible, so when an action was delayed the ACB couldn't issue another action)
[added] ACBs can now have a custom 'min interval between activations'
[added] ACBs now have a custom priority (highest priorities have more control)
[added] LWCs now have a custom priority (highest priorities have more control)
[removed] BoomBlock removed
[changed] The ACB has been completely overhauled
[changed] When there are an error and a warning for a mod, the error is now displayed in priority
[changed] There's now one decimal place for the RoF of the APS firing piece
[fixed] Holoprojector wrong URL when loading a blueprint from v2.15
[fixed] SpinBlock badly displayed when upside down
[fixed] Better management of the LWC firing, the APS guns shouldn't 'eat themselves' anymore when the vehicle is going fast
[fixed] Negative idle azimuth of the 2-axis-turret now works fine

[edit] New features added:
[added] All ACB-controlled block types can now have a custom name (use the 'Block naming' skill)
[added] There's a new EMP debug skill (working as the explosion or impact debug skills)
[added] There's a new debug skill to see the AC and health of a block (the real AC, with all the stacking if any)
[added] There's a new block data copy/paste skill which does the same as 'Ctrl+C' and 'Ctrl+V' in build mode
[added] Modders can now indicate that a SubObject is 'decorative only', it will automatically display it along with the ablock it is attached to
[fixed] The small and large cannons can now be fired with the ACB
New shaders and textures
Better loading speed
Some fixes for some bugs found in the initial v2.17 version.

Yay, good update. Can't wait to play with the new ACBs.

Glad you noticed my mention of decimal places for RoF.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

Already said this on discord, but I feel like I need to say it again:
Absolutely amazing update for anyone working with ACB's!
I'm just someone who fails to build anything bigger than 60 volume for unknown reasons.

Praise be to the spaghetti monster!

Another awesome update restoring my faith in alpha games Smile I cannot wait to go crazy spicing up the aesthetics of my builds and seeing what new level of animations are possible with this!

Thanks for putting it up on the forums, it really helps.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

These ACB changes are going to increase game's potential complexity. This is great!
primum non nocere

(2018-04-04, 08:37 AM)harnas1977 Wrote: These ACB changes are going to increase game's potential complexity. This is great!

It's right that it will drastically improve the automation potential of FtD, but do not overestimate them.
The ACBs are still very easy to use, and so quite limited.
They cannot replace a full logic system as the one I did with the ALB in my ProtecTech Industries mod.

The ACBs are meant to be the basic way of adding automation in FtD, so they will not become more complex.
More conditions and more actions will be added, but no more complexity.

Maybe that one day a full logic system will be added, but it's not possible to be sure for now.

Wow Gladyon! This is a major feature add! Thanks!

(2018-04-03, 05:19 PM)Gladyon Wrote: [added] An ACB 'AND' logic gate is simulated when several ACBs are touching each other, the ones with only a condition or only an action are 'attached' to the ones with an action and a condition
[added] Most ACB conditions can be inverted (as with a 'NOT' logic gate)
[added] ACBs delayed action can now be queued (before it wasn't possible, so when an action was delayed the ACB couldn't issue another action)
[added] ACBs can now have a custom 'min interval between activations'
[added] ACBs now have a custom priority (highest priorities have more control)

YES! You have no idea how many times in my more complex builds I had to create wierd contraptions to simulate logic gates and create priority systems! Love this!

So.. changes to ACB sound really good. I've been hoping for the AND logic in particular, and having both lower and upper limit - while that would work with AND logic, it's nice to have it in single ACB.

From modding standpoint...

What has changed?

2.17 wrecked voidware totally, "vanilla" blueprints work fine, but trying to load a ship that uses voidware will break the game to the point that even UI no longer works. I'm using only new components, so it shouldn't be direct compatibility issue with game objects, and the mod has nothing to do with ACBs.

I also don't apparently get any output log (output_log.txt is not generated at all) on 2.17. Any thoughts? This is with the VW version that was compiled to 2.16

I'm also in a bit of a bind - my PC went bleh, had to reinstall OS and the like, and I'm having troubles trying to get the project back up in reinstalled visual studio.

Currently target framework is in unity 3.5 .net full base class libraries, and referencing just assembly-csharp and unityengine from FTD directory.

-- edit --
It seems most of the classes on the mod work fine, and the problem is mainly with the thrusters - which copy the old ion thruster class, and modify stuff from there.
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

(2018-04-04, 08:50 AM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 08:37 AM)harnas1977 Wrote: These ACB changes are going to increase game's potential complexity. This is great!

It's right that it will drastically improve the automation potential of FtD, but do not overestimate them.
The ACBs are still very easy to use, and so quite limited.
They cannot replace a full logic system as the one I did with the ALB in my ProtecTech Industries mod.

The ACBs are meant to be the basic way of adding automation in FtD, so they will not become more complex.
More conditions and more actions will be added, but no more complexity.

Maybe that one day a full logic system will be added, but it's not possible to be sure for now.

you might be surprised what people can do with 'simple' tools. Just look at how simple Minecraft's redstone is, and what some people have done with it.
I am not responsible for any damage caused by taking my advise without verification of facts.