Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Make Failsafes Connect to Top and Bottom of LWCs

LWCs are one of the few parts in FtD which have connection points only in certain places. Failsafes can connect to LWCs from the sides, but not the top or bottom, which is annoying as it means LWCs must sometimes be placed facing upwards in restricted turret areas. This is I believe left over from the time when a LWC's orientation was fixed and failsafes could connect to only side while recievers only attatch to the top. At least one faction craft (The Bulwark's AA guns) has a disconnected failsafe "attatched" to the top of a LWC where it doesn't attach. As another step, APS gauge increase splitters also have a similar problem, only 2 of 5 free faces allow autoloaders, recoil obsorbers, and railgun chargers to connect, while 6-way connectors do not attatch at all. This has caused multiple problems with campaign vehicles having disconnected parts, though I believe they have since been fixed.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

How about first we make it so that failsafes actually do anything? As far as I can tell they do literally nothing.
A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.

(2018-03-23, 07:47 PM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote: How about first we make it so that failsafes actually do anything? As far as I can tell they do literally nothing.

Have to agree with this - they are effective, but generally after shooting something they shouldn't first. I just don't use them at all & make sure I set firing restrictions.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

I tend to agree with you as well, but I figured that top and bottom connections would be easier and hadn't been suggested yet. I use failsafes if they fit, but don't bother if I can easily set restrictions. I also always use restrictions, especially on simple weapons, which seem to completely ignore failsafes.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast