Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Cannon Request Page (and some small premade turrets)

(2018-08-02, 05:12 AM)wetpig Wrote: Hi, would it be possible to take a look at one of my craft and to try and jam the most effective cannon possible in it? Its very small so ive had a hard time getting the damage to be any where near effective.

Any help would be appreciated. Basically i just want the existing cannon replaced with somthing that pack a bit more punch if thats possible. I have no preferences as to what type of cannon it is only that it be "effective" whatever that means. Tongue

Thanks, Wettus!

A few questions first:

Are you planning to go into devtest 2.2.0/2.2.1, or do you want it to be max effectiveness in the next update, or should I optimise it for the current APS settings. The only change is a reduction in the need of coolers to be 10 less in the next update, so anything I make for the current version will still function, but won't be fully optimised. I can potentially do both, however. 

You will need to attach a blueprint, which are located in documents/From the depths/player profiles/[player profile name]/constructables, on Windows. 

I can probably figure this out by testing, but is there any particular need for a 3x3 omni mantlet rather than the current 3m elevation, or is the AI sufficient to aim at the enemy properly? An omni mantlet comes with few drawbacks, and it will still look fine.

Anyways, onto design, I'll probably do a good, general purpose beltfed 200-250mm frag, and I've already got some of them done, though some adaptation will be required. It'll be pretty explodey, though, but I'll do some tests to work on that and figure out a solution with ejectors or plain solid shot.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

I'm trying to build a new gun, however, I am having trouble finding a good setup for the cannon.

1. turret well size (diameter and height): 7x7x3
2. turret neck size (diameter and height): 5x5x1
3. gauge and number of barrels: 200mm twinned
4. number of firing pieces: 2
5. general shell type, or the customizer specs if you have it exactly: Fin-stabilized Sabot
6. autoloader and clip size: 2m autoloader
7. mantlet type and barrels: 2m AA, 1 Bore
8. rail-assist or not: No
9. required turret base: 3m
10. integrated LWC: Yes
11. clips or clipless: Clips
12. should I attempt a turret cap? No
13. how much can be in the turret cap: I'll figure it out.
14. ejectors: No
15. burst fire or continuous: Continuous
16. recoil absorbtion: All
17. fuses: None
18. do you want any armor on the neck and well, and if so how much and what material: 2m Metal

(2018-08-04, 11:44 PM)oventoaster955 Wrote: I'm trying to build a new gun, however, I am having trouble finding a good setup for the cannon.

1. turret well size (diameter and height): 7x7x3
2. turret neck size (diameter and height): 5x5x1
3. gauge and number of barrels: 200mm twinned
4. number of firing pieces: 2
5. general shell type, or the customizer specs if you have it exactly: Fin-stabilized Sabot
6. autoloader and clip size: 2m autoloader
7. mantlet type and barrels: 2m AA, 1 Bore
8. rail-assist or not: No
9. required turret base: 3m
10. integrated LWC: Yes
11. clips or clipless: Clips
12. should I attempt a turret cap? No
13. how much can be in the turret cap: I'll figure it out.
14. ejectors: No
15. burst fire or continuous: Continuous
16. recoil absorbtion: All
17. fuses: None
18. do you want any armor on the neck and well, and if so how much and what material: 2m Metal 

Does 200mm twinned mean that it has 2 firing pieces with 1 barrel, or two firing pieces with 2 barrels each, for 4 barrels total?
Since you want all the recoil absorbed, I'll likely put some 4m absorbers vertically, which will mean some space 1m over the neck will be required.

Once more, in devtest or not? I'm assuming stable like the other ones.

How exactly do you want me to do the armor? I assume you might mean 2m metal on the neck, not the well. 2m metal is probably more than you need, since armor on the neck is usually to stop HE clipping, and it isn't needed to stop kinetics or frags since the deck is already really thick right there.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-08-05, 03:27 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: Does 200mm twinned mean that it has 2 firing pieces with 1 barrel, or two firing pieces with 2 barrels each, for 4 barrels total?
Since you want all the recoil absorbed, I'll likely put some 4m absorbers vertically, which will mean some space 1m over the neck will be required.

Once more, in devtest or not? I'm assuming stable like the other ones.

How exactly do you want me to do the armor? I assume you might mean 2m metal on the neck, not the well. 2m metal is probably more than you need, since armor on the neck is usually to stop HE clipping, and it isn't needed to stop kinetics or frags since the deck is already really thick right there.

1. Yes, two firing pieces with 2 barrels each, 4 barrels total.
2. Current version is stable
3. Primarily neck armor. I asked for 2m Metal because I have a 5x5 hole for the turret neck - the front turret neck armor would then be 2m. If that's not possible, then fit what you can.