Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Armor material question

Question 
Is it possible to make armor shape and material separated?
I mean something like paint, but affecting stats.
If it was an option, creating new kinds of armor and retrofitting crafts with them would take much less time.
And armor mods won't become obsolete when new shapes are added

That would be fine. Also a setting how deep we would like paint with material would be appreticated hearthily.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

I always wanted for the "material painter" to exist. This would make adjusting/retrofitting a design 10x faster
primum non nocere

I know a minecraft mod that does something much like this, so it may very well be possible, however I don't know exactly how it does it or wether or not that method could be applied to FTD.
A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.

(2018-03-11, 11:41 PM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote: I know a minecraft mod that does something much like this, so it may very well be possible, however I don't know exactly how it does it or wether or not that method could be applied to FTD.

Wandcap of equal trade from thaumcraft is the best - philosopher's stone from equivalent exchange is it's little brother. Smile
MULTIPLAYER!

This suggestion is pretty much how FS will handle armoring. It will probably not come to FtD officially, though. A modder might grab it.^^
(2018-03-12, 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote: @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12, 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote: BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin

(2018-03-12, 09:58 AM)Normal69 Wrote:
(2018-03-11, 11:41 PM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote: I know a minecraft mod that does something much like this, so it may very well be possible, however I don't know exactly how it does it or wether or not that method could be applied to FTD.

Wandcap of equal trade from thaumcraft is the best - philosopher's stone from equivalent exchange is it's little brother. Smile

No, that just replaces the whole block. I was thinking of carpenters blocks, which lets you put down a frame in various shapes and then right-click on it with a block to apply that blocks texture and stats.
A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.

(2018-03-12, 07:29 PM)Unhinged mechanic Wrote:
(2018-03-12, 09:58 AM)Normal69 Wrote:

No, that just replaces the whole block. I was thinking of carpenters blocks, which lets you put down a frame in various shapes and then right-click on it with a block to apply that blocks texture and stats.

That's good, too - at least it's not building like Space Engineers. Big Grin
MULTIPLAYER!