Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v2.16 [all branches]

@Glaydon have you seen my bug? (Barrels going through walls.)
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

I want a spec sheet for simple laser.
and
It seems to be a serious thing if you set the game speed to 0.1

(2018-02-24, 12:01 AM)benzo711 Wrote: @Glaydon have you seen my bug? (Barrels going through walls.)

Yes, but I do not understand it.
Accurate description?
Screenshot?
Blueprint?
Reproduction steps?
Logfile?

In addition, I have changed nothing that could make blocks going through other blocks recently.

Fixing a bug is usually very fast when I manage to reproduce it.
I usually spend more than 95% of my time trying to understand and reproduce the bugs. On my end I see that time as purely lost time, which could have been used fixing several bugs or adding a new feature.
So, I give priority to the well described and easily reproducible bugs in order to be able to fix more of them and add more features.

(2018-02-24, 10:18 AM)Gladyon Wrote: Fixing a bug is usually very fast when I manage to reproduce it.
I usually spend more than 95% of my time trying to understand and reproduce the bugs. On my end I see that time as purely lost time, which could have been used fixing several bugs or adding a new feature.
So, I give priority to the well described and easily reproducible bugs in order to be able to fix more of them and add more features.

I think he is probably talking about how the erie's top gun will put the whole barrel through the craft and still shoot you with it. The atlas does it also. Even on your own crafts, if the craft lists to one side too much, a deck mounted gun with a long enough barrel will just clip the barrel through the deck and still fire at enemies if it has enough negative elevation. As far as I know this has been a thing for ever. It has been discussed and Nick said it just wasn't worth doing the collision check on the gun barrels. There is a lot of calculation associated with gun barrels already. I don't personally have a problem with it. The erie is about as troll as it gets already. Seriously, who ever is responsible for that craft is king troll as far as I am concerned. The kingstead too while we are talking about it. Those ships were made at a time when the players damage output was much higher. Being OW craft, if you are relatively fast, then they aren't much threat to you, but I still dislike spending an hour of my life shooting at them.

@Glaydon

[Image: 20180224104548_1.jpg]
[Image: 20180224104554_1.jpg]

Attached Files
.blueprint   bug.blueprint (Size: 38.8 KB / Downloads: 12)
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

The barrles clipping through a wall is because collision for turret blocks is only measured from a blocks initial placement point, not the entire block. The 4m barrel piece you have there is only being measured from the 1m x 1m piece connected to the mantlet. I believe this was done to save on performance.

(2018-02-24, 02:51 PM)Liondrome Wrote: The barrles clipping through a wall is because collision for turret blocks is only measured from a blocks initial placement point, not the entire block. The 4m barrel piece you have there is only being measured from the 1m x 1m piece connected to the mantlet. I believe this was done to save on performance.

Good analysis, beams will have the same problem.

I'm not sure the performance is really a problem, it's probably possible to fix it without hurting the performances too much.
The main problem is that several campaign vehicles are using it, last time I looked at it the Thyr was using it to rotate freely its armored main turrets.

Tbh I actually like it, it makes turret building easier, you can clip beams through parts of the deck to make it look like there isn't some horrible square/triangle hole. It's more of a feature than a bug.

I fear that this update is going to very heavily shift everything in favor of massive APS bricks, as the risk of a catastrophic chain detonation is now completely null.
[Image: KfTvtVv.png]

Maybe if there was some reason for people to vary their shell designs from nothing but HE based shells, the explosions wouldn't be as catastrophic.