Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Solid Fuel Thrusters

Quick, rapid acceleration with a compact size, with the cost of a massive fuel cost per second. This is the sort of thing you go to space with. Also for quick maneuvers of say, a jet fighter.

Comes in three sizes.. small, for vehicle boosters, medium and large for.. other things.

I've been craving more maneuverability options for a while so I hope this gets modded/added some day! Big Grin

I should add, also, the medium booster could act as a balancer between the two - sacrificing speed for more fuel efficiency. Also, each booster should have different mouth parts for fitting into ships neatly.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong" -Voltaire

For me it looks like slightly simplified Advanced Jet Engines, SRB if they are implemented should be single use/long regeneration between activation, no dynamic control over thrust and they should be dirt cheap to build and cheap to run, but harder to use for their lack of fine control and inability to turn them off once lit

Bump. This is a good idea pls
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong" -Voltaire

With the Missile rework that should come at some point
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

What would they add over variable thrusters? you can already set the thrust/burn time. Unless you want a single-module thruster, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Without using Lua you can't turn a rocket motor off without ditching the missil ein the water anyway.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.