Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Please criticize my first ship

(2018-02-15, 02:22 PM)Normal69 Wrote: More autoloader touching the same ammobox teris type is still valid?

I use mixed type payload, large calibar and timed+pendepth+inertia

That pretty much sums it up, although I rarely mix payloads.
(2018-03-12, 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote: @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12, 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote: BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin

I don't have an example on me, but what you can do with the CRAMs to add a bit of protection and reduce the cost would be to remove the top 2 layers of autoloaders and pellets and just make it a 5x5 without corners for a turret "neck". It adds protection and allows a smaller hole through your deck.

For the best AA, I recommend a small laser system, but missiles or small APS also work.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-02-15, 02:31 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: I don't have an example on me, but what you can do with the CRAMs to add a bit of protection and reduce the cost would be to remove the top 2 layers of autoloaders and pellets and just make it a 5x5 without corners for a turret "neck". It adds protection and allows a smaller hole through your deck.

For the best AA, I recommend a small laser system, but missiles or small APS also work.
While I like Lasers as weapons, they just sap too much engine power. I'll just use the Thyr cannons with sabot.
All the good ideas have already been thought of, so I'll think of bad ideas with hopes that one of them works out well.

Another option, is to use the simple laser. It has 100% accuracy and 500m range, enough for anything that passes over. Put a few on a 2-axis turret and you have just about the best AA currently possible. They will likely get nerfed, but even then they will be decent AA. Just make sure to give them firing restrictions, since they have a habit of ignoring failsafes.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

(2018-02-15, 06:34 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: Another option, is to use the simple laser. It has 100% accuracy and 500m range, enough for anything that passes over. Put a few on a 2-axis turret and you have just about the best AA currently possible. They will likely get nerfed, but even then they will be decent AA. Just make sure to give them firing restrictions, since they have a habit of ignoring failsafes.
Hopefully failsafes work, I don't know much about how to correctly use firing restrictions right now and simple lasers sound really good.
All the good ideas have already been thought of, so I'll think of bad ideas with hopes that one of them works out well.

I can give you a short explanation of how to use firing restrictions:

Check the "enable firing restrictions in the vehicle space" (or something like that) in a turret or weapon, for simple lasers, you will want to do it in the turret. Then, a large menu pops up.
Click on the bottom slider and drag it to the max.
Then, adjust the elevation settings, just mess around with the values until you get something that sorta looks like an "L", with the the barbs on the inside, with the right side of the L being the front of the ship. Now it shouldn't hit your vehicle's deck. Slightly increase or decrease the values until the indicators show that it will not fire into your vehicle's deck. Unless there is something above the turret, have the top indicator going straight up.
Next, for azimuth, adjust the values so that the inside, where the barbs are pointing, is where you want it to be able to fire. The elevation indicator will move as you adjust the azimuth, but it is normal and fine.

If this made no sense, just mess with the settings until the lines don't hit anything important in your craft and the barbs are on the inside, where you want it to shoot.

For example, if you want it to fire within 45* of straight ahead, set everything to 45 or -45, with the -45s where the values start in the negatives. If you want it to fire within 45* of straight behind you, click the "reverse firing constraints to allow for backwards fire" (or something like that) and use 135 instead of 45.

(2018-02-15, 07:04 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: I can give you a short explanation of how to use firing restrictions:

Check the "enable firing restrictions in the vehicle space" (or something like that) in a turret or weapon, for simple lasers, you will want to do it in the turret. Then, a large menu pops up.
Click on the bottom slider and drag it to the max.
Then, adjust the elevation settings, just mess around with the values until you get something that sorta looks like an "L", with the the barbs on the inside, with the right side of the L being the front of the ship. Now it shouldn't hit your vehicle's deck. Slightly increase or decrease the values until the indicators show that it will not fire into your vehicle's deck. Unless there is something above the turret, have the top indicator going straight up.
Next, for azimuth, adjust the values so that the inside, where the barbs are pointing, is where you want it to be able to fire. The elevation indicator will move as you adjust the azimuth, but it is normal and fine.

If this made no sense, just mess with the settings until the lines don't hit anything important in your craft and the barbs are on the inside, where you want it to shoot.

For example, if you want it to fire within 45* of straight ahead, set everything to 45 or -45, with the -45s where the values start in the negatives. If you want it to fire within 45* of straight behind you, click the "reverse firing constraints to allow for backwards fire" (or something like that) and use 135 instead of 45.
Thanks, I'll do my best to not shoot myself. Any recommendations for LAM power and shielding?

For shields, strength 2-5 and stacked in 2 layers is typically pretty good.

For LAMS, I just do whatever I have room for. I don't know any specific values that are good.

(2018-02-15, 07:30 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: For shields, strength 2-5 and stacked in 2 layers is typically pretty good.

For LAMS, I just do whatever I have room for. I don't know any specific values that are good.
How much engine power would 5 take? Also, would you recommend that I use a steam engine that turns on in combat to help power my shields and LAMs? I don't like them much because of how quickly they drain material, but it seems like I'll need the massive amount of power they give me if I want full shielding.

dual layer strength 3 shields don't cost too much, just put them near the outside of the hull and give them a fairly low range.

I myself don't use steam much, preferring fuel engines for higher energy costs.