Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So... Boom Blocks.

While constructing my first ever carrier, I went to the misc tab and found this block called "Boom Block." After playing around with it, I noticed that by pushing the settings to maximum, I was able to completely wreck a full HA bunker. I wonder if we can make cruise missiles that can actually do damage?

I believe those are only in the game temporarily to test the new explosion algorithm. Though they’ve made it to stable so perhaps they’re getting left in.

(2018-02-11, 07:36 AM)tmarks11 Wrote: I believe those are only in the game temporarily to test the new explosion algorithm. Though they’ve made it to stable so perhaps they’re getting left in.

If I were developing, I'd slap a set of them together and call them warheads. Perhaps might find a use for my Ammo-Box 350m/s 9,000 max alt. rocket. :V ...Don't question my understanding of rocketry!! I can throw 40 ammo boxes into the HA ballistic frame and send it to orbit!

Besides the silliness, I'd love to see great big non-missile launcher cruise missiles become a thing.

We have “nukes” though...
We don’t need two single-block explosives for anti-vehicle missiles.
A force as voracious as time itself.
A void as cryptic as reality itself.
An enigma as vexing as life itself.
[Image: HjaVgvK.jpg]

The boom blocks are very much temporary. Don't go making them critical parts for your ICBMs, as they will turn into wood blocks once removed.

I will make a wooden ICBM, then. For a budget suicide military.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-02-13, 05:35 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: I will make a wooden ICBM, then. For a budget suicide military.

Funny, but i actually tested this. Trying to make an explosive powered rocket is impossible if you use blocks lighter/not as strong as Metal +.

I have some theories, but the most likely one is that the game obeys some mechanics of Mass vs air resistance. Tried making a small icbm out of lightweight alloy, but as soon as i launched it i noticed it didn't quite go as fast, or as high as my normal metal rocket. So, elaborating on this, i made a rocket the same size as it, but used heavy blocks. Interestingly enough, that rocket went 8x as far, 2x faster.

==== [ T a n g e n t ] ====

Now, i know we have thrusters 'n stuff, but the currently untapped speed potential of strapping loads of ammo boxes to a solid rocket is immense. these craft have been able to reach instant 350 m/s speed. All one really would need is a rig able to build these on the fly, and an AI capable of piloting such a rocket, soas to drop right ontop of the enemy. Just a suggestion :v

gravram, ammo, nukes, and recoil propulsion are the way of the future Tongue
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast